Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long for Paramount to work?

Why are we paying for this?
    Its been a few weeks since the "upgrade" stopped Paramount from working when the previous version was fine (a link to an older version would be useful). I initially downloaded Strange New Worlds when it had 2 channel sound. When the last 3 episodes appeared it had been upgraded t0 5.1 although I didn't realise until I viewed. Went back to redo the first episodes with 5.1 and the looping glitch appeared and its still there. Today went for Discovery season 4 and its an even bigger mess. Can we please sort this out. Its fortunate for DVD Fab we don't pay for these on a monthly basis otherwise all the problems would cost them dear.,

Keep posting logs and being specific with what title you were trying to download, what the error reported by StreamFab was, or what happened.

Btw, using StreamFab 5.0.5.8, I downloaded Strange New Worlds S01 E01-04 from Paramount+ directly, (using the P+ downloader. not through Amazon Prime). They all have English, 192 kb/s, 48.0 kHz, 6 Channels, E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus) for audio. So they are 5.1 audio.

What looping glitch are you talking about? because they all seem to play fine for me, although I haven't completely watched them all.

Have you tried using the Offline installer for StreamFab and either running it over top of your current install, or uninstalling what you have, then installing using the offline installer?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      Keep posting logs and being specific with what title you were trying to download, what the error reported by StreamFab was, or what happened.
      There's no evidence that he has ever posted a log. Lots of complaints about not getting his money's worth but no logs or helpful information to aid in tracking down the problem.

What looping glitch are you talking about? because they all seem to play fine for me, although I haven't completely watched them all.
      The looping problem is where a short scene that follows what would have been the last commercial breaks, if viewed with a regular browser, repeats 4 times before continuing on with the show. In an hour long show, this usually occurs somewhere around the 32 minute mark. This has been well documented by myself and others.
      Others have claimed that they are seeing something along the same lines at the very beginning of the video. This problem does not continue on its own and must be manually moved ahead. A variation on this has only the audio repeating. I've done extensive testing and have not been able to recreate the problem happening at the beginning of the video. This may be because no one has provided any documentation about the problem to work with.

Comment

I don't post logs because the issues are hardly unique. Everyone is having them. The looping glitch has been there for ages. If it was a problem only I was having or it was with only one or two titles then worth posting - buts its with every title.

Just like they keep asking me what shows the subtitle problem is with when burning Streamfab to disc using Bluray Creator. Its with EVERY SINGLE TITLE on Amazon and Netflix. But not with Disney+.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
          I don't post logs because the issues are hardly unique. Everyone is having them. The looping glitch has been there for ages. If it was a problem only I was having or it was with only one or two titles then worth posting - buts its with every title.
          In the only message where you described the looping problem you are seeing you wrote,
          The looping begins seconds into the episode.
          This is NOT the problem that others have written about, documented, and even created a video showing it in action. One other thing that I did not know until you just happened to mention it in a post tonight, is that you are in the UK. Are you using the UK version of Paramount+? VPNing into the US version? Using the Paramount+ Channel on Amazon? US or UK version of Amazon? Paramount+ via Sky? And so, your particular problem is unique despite what you might think and one that I personal have never been able to recreate after many, many attempts. And no, the glitch has not been there for ages. The first reported sighting of it occurred 3 weeks ago, almost to the day.

One of the few things that I agree with AngryFox over at the competition when he is answering users that are the only one reporting a certain major problem that everyone would have if it existed, he would write something to the effect that "If this problem were true, the whole message board would be lit up about it right now." The board is not being lit up here about looping of Paramount videos in the first seconds of the video. One advantage that the competition has over StreamFab is that their logging system also takes into account network conditions. They can tell whether the user's Internet conditions are flaky or not and more often than not these unique individual problems come down to that. Without additional information from you it would easy for the staff at StreamFab and the other users on the Forum to assume that this is the case here and ignore any complaints you might have.
          Last edited by Cats4U; 10-28-2022, 05:46 AM.

Comment

The loop problem will be fixed in the coming version, please kindly wait for the release, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              The loop problem will be fixed in the coming version, please kindly wait for the release, thanks.
              Best news I've heard all day, ahhh, after finding out you are back and well, of course.

Comment

When you've paid for something to not have it for 3 weeks is ages.
                I'm using the UK version of Paramount + but sidestepping the problems by paying for a month of Paramount via Amazon Prime

Comment

It is still worth posting your logs and details.

The more info the devs have about a problem, the different conditions, scenarios, titles effected, the better. It can help them pin point the issue, and account for it.

Comment

I have - I've downloaded it and tested it with Strange New Worlds episode 1 and the looping glitch happens precisely the same as it did before

Comment

I have - I've downloaded it and tested it with Strange New Worlds episode 1 and the looping glitch happens precisely the same as it did before
                      Sorry for that, the developer will double-check.

Comment

Sorry for that, the developer will double-check.
                        Mona, please warn the Developer that IF there is a loop at the start of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds E01 it is in the UK version of Paramount+. I say IF because phelings is the only one reporting the loop at the start of ST: SNW. You had previously noted that the Developer had tested ST: SNW E01 in https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...5579-paramount msg number 36 and found no looping. That was before phelings finally revealed the important information that he was using the UK version of Paramount+.
                        Last edited by Cats4U; 11-01-2022, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X