Paramount+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+

StreamFab 5.0.5.5 is released (September 28, 2022)

New: Added support for YouTube account login.
    Fix: A problem that the output file size is not displayed when downloading Amazon Prime Videos.
    Fix: A problem that the output audio is displayed as AAC despite selecting EAC3 when downloading Amazon Prime Videos.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading Disney+ videos from Japan.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain R18 videos.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading Fanza videos.

StreamFab 5.0.5.4 is released (September 22, 2022)

New: Some improvements on the speed when downloading Disney+ and Amazon Prime Videos.
    Fix: A problem that the title language of the downloaded video on the download window is incorrect when downloading certain Amazon Prime Videos.

StreamFab 5.0.5.3 is released (September 16, 2022)

New: Some improvements on the YouTube Downloader module.
    - Added support to output MP4 or MKV videos.
    - Added support to select video codec among H264, VP9, and AV1.
    - Added support to output HDR or SDR videos when downloading HDR videos.
    - Added support to output VR 360° or 2D videos when downloading VR 360° videos.
    - Added support to download 3D videos.
    - Added support to output M4A audios when downloading YouTube Music.
    Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Amazon Prime Videos from Japan contain no audios during playback.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading Paramount+ videos due to everlasting analysis process.

StreamFab 5.0.5.2 is released (September 08, 2022)

New: Added support to accelerate the analyzing speed when downloading Amazon Prime Videos.
    New: Added support to select user-preferred audio and resolution when downloading Canal+ videos.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain Joyn videos.
    Fix: A failure problem when downloading Apple TV+ videos.

Developer,
    It is now four versions in which StreamFab is not downloading a usable Paramount+ video. You somehow screwed up version 5.0.5.1 (which was working perfectly) when you put out version 5.0.5.2 and it continuously did the Analysis over and over. We had to wait eight days and finally got a non-continuous Analysis. But surprise!, now all the downloaded Paramount+ videos are cut short with some videos only 6 seconds long. Considering all the people that receive Paramount+ (and now Showtime) around the world, you would think it would be a priority especially considering that it is the start of the Fall TV Premiere Season in North America and perhaps elsewhere. But no, version 5.0.5.4 came out with only TWO changes, some speed improvements and something to do with title language. Neither of which were priority. Fixes to totally non-working modules are priority, those two changes are afterthoughts. Since there was a large feedback in this forum about Paramount+ not working, I thought for sure that you would have gotten your act together and gotten it fixed in 5.0.5.5. But no such luck. Nothing dire, including the Paramount+ fix, is listed in the Changelog. I'm not even going to bother to install it because your pattern lately is fix one thing and break two others. I'll go back to torrenting my Paramount+ videos.

Fengtao,
    You need to do two things if you want to keep or get more customers. 1) Have a Supervisor in charge of Priority scheduling. Take the choice of what gets fixed out of the Developer's hands. Fixes for non-working modules should be the highest priority. Also, this fix things only once a week is ridiculous. Fix a problem ASAP and send it out. 2) The Developer does not seem to be able to check his own work. It seems like he slaps something together and send it out sight unseen. Things don't get fixed, and worse, things that weren't broken wind up broken from the bad fix. Either give someone from Fengtao the job of checking the Developer's work before it is released or get a bunch of users to act as beta testers. I think most of the users here are as tired as I am with installing a new version and finding it is worse than the version it was supposed to correct or improve.

They're probably still working on it but continue to release fixes for other services because it would be cruel to hold everything back until P+ is solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Developer,
      It is now four versions in which StreamFab is not downloading a usable Paramount+ video. You somehow screwed up version 5.0.5.1 (which was working perfectly) when you put out version 5.0.5.2 and it continuously did the Analysis over and over. We had to wait eight days and finally got a non-continuous Analysis. But surprise!, now all the downloaded Paramount+ videos are cut short with some videos only 6 seconds long. Considering all the people that receive Paramount+ (and now Showtime) around the world, you would think it would be a priority especially considering that it is the start of the Fall TV Premiere Season in North America and perhaps elsewhere. But no, version 5.0.5.4 came out with only TWO changes, some speed improvements and something to do with title language. Neither of which were priority. Fixes to totally non-working modules are priority, those two changes are afterthoughts. Since there was a large feedback in this forum about Paramount+ not working, I thought for sure that you would have gotten your act together and gotten it fixed in 5.0.5.5. But no such luck. Nothing dire, including the Paramount+ fix, is listed in the Changelog. I'm not even going to bother to install it because your pattern lately is fix one thing and break two others. I'll go back to torrenting my Paramount+ videos.

Fengtao,
      You need to do two things if you want to keep or get more customers. 1) Have a Supervisor in charge of Priority scheduling. Take the choice of what gets fixed out of the Developer's hands. Fixes for non-working modules should be the highest priority. Also, this fix things only once a week is ridiculous. Fix a problem ASAP and send it out. 2) The Developer does not seem to be able to check his own work. It seems like he slaps something together and send it out sight unseen. Things don't get fixed, and worse, things that weren't broken wind up broken from the bad fix. Either give someone from Fengtao the job of checking the Developer's work before it is released or get a bunch of users to act as beta testers. I think most of the users here are as tired as I am with installing a new version and finding it is worse than the version it was supposed to correct or improve.
      Cats4U,

I'd like your post, if I knew how!

The uninstall, delete logs/queue, reinstall as administrator is getting tiring to see what will work and if you need a previous version for a module.

Mike

Comment

I noticed the issue wayyy to late. Downloaded about a hundred episodes and noticed the majority were only 11minutes long when each episode is supposed to be ~23minutes..

Comment

Originally posted by Bradf3rdc View Post
          I noticed the issue wayyy to late. Downloaded about a hundred episodes and noticed the majority were only 11minutes long when each episode is supposed to be ~23minutes..
          Try it again and see what happens.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

StreamFab 5.0.5.5 is released (September 28, 2022)

New: Added support for YouTube account login.
            Fix: A problem that the output file size is not displayed when downloading Amazon Prime Videos.
            Fix: A problem that the output audio is displayed as AAC despite selecting EAC3 when downloading Amazon Prime Videos.
            Fix: A failure problem when downloading Disney+ videos from Japan.
            Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain R18 videos.
            Fix: A failure problem when downloading Fanza videos.

StreamFab 5.0.5.4 is released (September 22, 2022)

New: Some improvements on the speed when downloading Disney+ and Amazon Prime Videos.
            Fix: A problem that the title language of the downloaded video on the download window is incorrect when downloading certain Amazon Prime Videos.

StreamFab 5.0.5.3 is released (September 16, 2022)

New: Some improvements on the YouTube Downloader module.
            - Added support to output MP4 or MKV videos.
            - Added support to select video codec among H264, VP9, and AV1.
            - Added support to output HDR or SDR videos when downloading HDR videos.
            - Added support to output VR 360° or 2D videos when downloading VR 360° videos.
            - Added support to download 3D videos.
            - Added support to output M4A audios when downloading YouTube Music.
            Fix: A problem that certain downloaded Amazon Prime Videos from Japan contain no audios during playback.
            Fix: A failure problem when downloading Paramount+ videos due to everlasting analysis process.

StreamFab 5.0.5.2 is released (September 08, 2022)

New: Added support to accelerate the analyzing speed when downloading Amazon Prime Videos.
            New: Added support to select user-preferred audio and resolution when downloading Canal+ videos.
            Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain Joyn videos.
            Fix: A failure problem when downloading Apple TV+ videos.

Developer,

Fengtao,
            just tried paramount+ anyhow, downloaded mike judge's beavis & butthead season 1 episode 1 - escape room & fire
            just before downloading i was using under audio channel (multi-channel 5.1 (EAC3 / AC3) downloaded the episode
            and while watching the episode the first part (escape room) played fine while the second part (fire) kept having no audio and ended too soon.
            then i tried again and this time under audio channel choose (stereo AAC) re downloaded the episode again and this time played back perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

just tried paramount+ anyhow, downloaded mike judge's beavis & butthead season 1 episode 1 - escape room & fire
              just before downloading i was using under audio channel (multi-channel 5.1 (EAC3 / AC3) downloaded the episode
              and while watching the episode the first part (escape room) played fine while the second part (fire) kept having no audio and ended too soon.
              then i tried again and this time under audio channel choose (stereo AAC) re downloaded the episode again and this time played back perfectly.
              If you go back and read some of my older posts on the subject you'll see that I had a few perfect ones mixed in with the shorties, too. I always use Stereo AAC because I don't have the physical room needed for a 5.1 or better system. Anyway, I don't think the user should have to run download after download to try to find one that isn't messed up. The fact that you can occasionally get a good one would lead one to think that it is not that badly broken and should be easy to fix. If that's the case, why has it sat there untouched for 2 weeks even though the user base here in this forum clearly made it evident that they feel that it should be a priority to get it fixed.

Comment

If you go back and read some of my older posts on the subject you'll see that I had a few perfect ones mixed in with the shorties, too. I always use Stereo AAC because I don't have the physical room needed for a 5.1 or better system. Anyway, I don't think the user should have to run download after download to try to find one that isn't messed up. The fact that you can occasionally get a good one would lead one to think that it is not that badly broken and should be easy to fix. If that's the case, why has it sat there untouched for 2 weeks even though the user base here in this forum clearly made it evident that they feel that it should be a priority to get it fixed.
                I just tried S01E03 of American Gigolo Series again just now on Paramount+ on StreamFab 5.0.5.5.

It *still* only produces a very short video that is only the Showtime logo playing.

I don't think it ever has resulted in a good file in about 7-8 tries now.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

I just tried S01E03 of American Gigolo Series again just now on Paramount+ on StreamFab 5.0.5.5.

It *still* only produces a very short video that is only the Showtime logo playing.

I don't think it ever has resulted in a good file in about 7-8 tries now.

Mike
                  can you retry again with under VIP services in settings - audio channel set it to AAC
                  an then after the show analyzes under video set it to 640*360 (bitrate 490 kbps)
                  try those settings for S1E3 of americian gigolo and report back what your result is.
                  see if it gets the entire episode.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

can you retry again with under VIP services in settings - audio channel set it to AAC
                    an then after the show analyzes under video set it to 640*360 (bitrate 490 kbps)
                    try those settings for S1E3 of americian gigolo and report back what your result is.
                    see if it gets the entire episode.
                    October262,

Have you tried the American Gigolo series on Paramount+ Episode 3?

It resulted in a *smaller* video of the Showtime Logo this time (see attached old vs new ST Logo video) after setting it to AAC & choosing the size you suggested just to test.

Didn't get the whole file either this time.

American Gigolo Series on Paramount+/Showtime S01E03 is 1920x1080 with 640EAC 6 channel via competitor.

Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

They started charging for Showtime now, you have to add it to your P+ subscription
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I, too, am experiencing this issue of all Paramount+ downloaded videos having the last 3-7 minutes being cut off, which, off course, makes the module worthless ("And the murderer is... Blank screen). I tried changing to Stereo AAC and then the bitrate to no avail. Fortunately Mona has said the developers are working on this, but it was not corrected (as hoped) in version 5055. Let's hope version 5056 does the trick.

Comment

Update,

StreamFab 5.0.5.6 produced good files (not truncated/ShowTime Logo only) for American Gigolo Series (Paramount+/Showtime) for episodes SE1E03 & SE1E04.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
                            I agree with you. Finally I think they nailed it. I will begrudgingly send out a thank you to them because it took them so long. Four weeks without Paramount+ was rough with all the new shows premiering.

There is one itsy bitsy issue I found and feel free to check it out to confirm my findings - Paramount+ is doing a weird thing at the end of show. I used the new show So Help Me Todd as my test subject. MediaInfo shows it as 43 minutes 10 seconds but the Chrome browser playback of the show shows 43 minutes 19 seconds. If you watch the end on the browser show, the last commercial comes at 43 minutes 10 seconds and they do about 90 seconds of commercials. When they come back after the commercials the actual ending credits get shrunk down to a PIP box and the full screen is a Paramount+ generated advertisement for what you could possibly watch next of P+. That ad and the PIP box lasts 9 seconds and StreamFab kindly doesn't download those 9 seconds. I say kindly because I rarely intentionally watch the closing credits. So, although technically SF still cuts the show short, I have no complaints about it.

Comment

5.0.5.6 seems to be better, but S01E11 of Ghosts was missing the closing segment after the last commercial break (only credits so no big deal), and so far today I have downloaded 4 episodes of the show and not gotten any subtitles.

Comment

Working...
                              X