No announcement yet.

Amazon Prime Japan, unable to download. Video won't open/unsupported browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime Japan, unable to download. Video won't open/unsupported browser

Trying to download videos with a Prime Japan trial account. Video opens for a second then won't play further.

Also when I copy a link and switch to StreamFab, it detects the link, I click download, and it just opens the Amazon page for that season.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20221031-122410.png
Views:	391
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	417094
      Just to confirm, did you set the region?

We will also need the latest log file to better check the problem you reported. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Name:	screenshot-20221031-122410.png
Views:	391
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	417094
        Just to confirm, did you set the region?

We will also need the latest log file to better check the problem you reported. Thanks.
        How can I access the region menu? When I click VIP services it just shows me a bunch of logos

Comment

Originally posted by IBeeWhy View Post

How can I access the region menu? When I click VIP services it just shows me a bunch of logos
          Hi IBeeWhy,

1. When you open StreamFab, at top right click three bars and then choose settings
          2. Then click "VIP Services" at the left
          3. Then click under "Amazon Region" and change to JP (Amazon.co.jp)

(See attached)

Mike

US - CST, Win 10/64 Pro & Win 11/64 Pro, No Vpn, StreamFab 6.6.6 (it's Halloween! )
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 10-31-2022, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I've switched regions to amazon.co.jp, and it just doesn't give me any download, it just gives me a download button that leads to the app store page for Amazon Prime Video. If I click that link within StreamFab, I get the error

"Failed to load URL primevideo://watch.amazon.co.jp/detail?asin=B09TKSYDLH&action=download&territory=J P&ref_=atv_dp_btf_el_3p_sd_tv_dwld_t1ADAAAAAA0wr 0_ atv_dwld_web_pvwa_dp with error ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME (-302)."

I'm logged into my account on StreamFab and have a VPN running.

I've attached logs, in case that helps.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've switched regions to amazon.co.jp, and it just doesn't give me any download, it just gives me a download button that leads to the app store page for Amazon Prime Video. If I click that link within StreamFab, I get the error

"Failed to load URL primevideo://watch.amazon.co.jp/detail?asin=B09TKSYDLH&action=download&territory=J P&ref_=atv_dp_btf_el_3p_sd_tv_dwld_t1ADAAAAAA0wr 0_ atv_dwld_web_pvwa_dp with error ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME (-302)."

will any show or movie download ?? what VPN are you using ?

Comment

In bold black text, right? That actually looks like a VPN failure to connect/block - if my VPN is turned off, that's what I get going to a Prime site.

I encountered a similar issue when I first tried to access Prime Canada with a trial account and a VPN, and changing my settings from "auto" to "PrimeVideo" solved the issue. Despite there being a specific setting for Prime UK, I just kept that setting when I then tried a UK trial account, and was able to download using either PrimeVideo or amazon.co.uk.

I started out using Nord VPN, but after about 10 days into it I was unable to connect to Amazon.ca, either in Chrome or Edge browsers, or StreamFab - Amazon definitely threw a block at me, and Nord wasn't too interested in helping to overcome it. So I dumped them and went to Express and have had zero trouble connecting anywhere.

However - and this is a big caveat - I'm still using an older version of SF - specifically 5053. This is because I encountered some bugs in later upgrades, and haven't yet tried 6.0.0.0. to see if I can still access Amazon using a VPN.
                Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-31-2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

In bold black text, right? That actually looks like a VPN failure to connect/block - if my VPN is turned off, that's what I get going to a Prime site.

I encountered a similar issue when I first tried to access Prime Canada with a trial account and a VPN, and changing my settings from "auto" to "PrimeVideo" solved the issue. Despite there being a specific setting for Prime UK, I just kept that setting when I then tried a UK trial account, and was able to download using either PrimeVideo or amazon.co.uk.

I started out using Nord VPN, but after about 10 days into it I was unable to connect to Amazon.ca, either in Chrome or Edge browsers, or StreamFab - Amazon definitely threw a block at me, and Nord wasn't too interested in helping to overcome it. So I dumped them and went to Express and have had zero trouble connecting anywhere.

However - and this is a big caveat - I'm still using an older version of SF - specifically 5053. This is because I encountered some bugs in later upgrades, and haven't yet tried 6.0.0.0. to see if I can still access Amazon using a VPN.
                  are you able to connect to & download from amazon.co.jp with express vpn ?? because according to this - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...aming-services
                  express vpn does not work with amazon.co.jp

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

are you able to connect to & download from amazon.co.jp with express vpn ?? because according to this - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...aming-services
                    express vpn does not work with amazon.co.jp
                    As you can see, I can certainly connect to Prime Japan with Express with no problem (SF setting on amazon.co.jp), and as that cut 'n' paste was posted in February, and may have been written some time before that, maybe it might be in need of an update?
                    But unless someone points me to the Japanese version of Freevee and gives me a title (I don't read the language so I can't see what those are), I won't be able to test downloading, as those free videos would be the only selections I could access without a Prime trial account.

Rather than relying on me, my suggestion for anyone who wants to try it, or is already having difficulty, like IBeeWhy (maybe with a different VPN?), is to sign up with Express on a month-trial basis to test-run it - you can even ask them about it before you commit to a month as they do have chat reps available. It's the same cost as Nord ($12 and change per month on a monthly basis) and, like Nord or pretty much any other VPN, they'll refund that initial cost if you cancel your subscription within the first 30 days for any reason. You really have nothing to lose, as they do refund your money if you bail within that time limit.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-31 16.49.56...jpg
Views:	473
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	417138

Comment

Hi IBeeWhy - I just upgraded to 6.0.0.0., and now I can't generate a download menu on PrimeUK with a VPN if my life depended on it, whereas I had no trouble before using versions 5.0.4.9 through 5.0.5.7. to connect to Prime Canada, UK, and even Stan in Oz. It even kept logging me out of my account after every exit - I had to dump it and go back to 5057 to get any functionality at all. This is a major drawback as far as I'm concerned, and the devs really need to fix it.

So the version you're using will definitely affect your chances of connecting if it's the latest one. I would try to install an older version from one of the links that have been provided by various helpful people here and see if you have better luck.
                      Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-01-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X