DRM-Encryption question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM-Encryption question

Still being relatively new to the program I didn't realize that HBOMax programs could only be downloaded in 720p. Apparently, before upgraded encryptions, you could download in 1080p which is strange because when I first used the program it downloaded the first three episodes of a series in 1080p before switching to 720p. Does anyone know why this happened?

sometime around May HBO changed their encryption, and again a few weeks ago. Streamfab has been unable to adjust the code, The major competitor has fixed this both times. The first time within a week and the second time about a month or so later, but as of right now theirs HBO Max is working at 1080.. except for Pinochio which for some reason is 540p

Comment

Originally posted by WES-0x972 View Post
      Still being relatively new to the program I didn't realize that HBOMax programs could only be downloaded in 720p. Apparently, before upgraded encryptions, you could download in 1080p which is strange because when I first used the program it downloaded the first three episodes of a series in 1080p before switching to 720p. Does anyone know why this happened?

Hi Wes-0x972,

Just fyi, did you know that Amazon Prime now has HBO Max again as a channel?

You could sign up for the 7-day trial of HBO Max Channel if you have Amazon Prime and see if that helps you.

My 7-day trial of via Amazon as a channel expired and I only have HBO Max direct website for at least 2 more months at a discounted rate w/o commercials and am not using StreamFab for getting programs for it right now.

Then I may go with HBO Max channel via Amazon in 2 months when that discounted rate expires.

Also, when HBO Max merges with Discovey+ next spring 2023, you may get that with HBO Max - who knows if it'll be HBO Max/+Discovery on Amazon or not.

It could be like Paramount+/Showtime and only offered direct thru it's own website.

But that *might* save me $4.99 for Discovery I get thru Amazon - will decide after I see what they're doing.

Mike
      Last edited by Mike_M; 12-15-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
        HBO Max is working at 1080.. except for Pinochio which for some reason is 540p
        It was at 540p, it's 1920 x 1080p now.
        '
        WES-0x972, what Mike is getting at is that if you have Amazon Prime you can get HBO Max at 1080p through them now. And think you are referring to House of the Dragon' in reference that the first 3 episodes were 1080p and then all the other episodes downloaded at 720p, still can't figure that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

It was at 540p, it's 1920 x 1080p now.
          '

Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
            WES-0x972, what Mike is getting at is that if you have Amazon Prime you can get HBO Max at 1080p through them now. And think you are referring to House of the Dragon' in reference that the first 3 episodes were 1080p and then all the other episodes downloaded at 720p, still can't figure that one out.
            Uh, no, you can't. House of the Dragon looks like it will download in 1080p, but by and large HBOMax on Prime is downloading at 480-540p, even with 6.0.0.8. That means a pretty small catalog offering for $15/month.
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-16-2022, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for answering the question. I'm sorry it took so long for a response, but life sometimes gets in the way. Thanks for the Prime suggestion; I recently downloaded The Last of Us season 1 with the HBO Max module. I was all set for 720p, but it defaulted to 1080p. I decided to see what it would do, and sure enough, it downloaded the first six episodes in 1080p before reverting back to 720p for the last three. That's the most frustrating thing; I'd prefer not to download anything in 1080p rather than do so for the majority of the series. On the bright side, you have 200 downloads now with the HBO Max module, so any old port in the storm.

Comment

Working...
              X