Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we please get subtitle and audio track name support in remux mkv with mkvtoolnix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we please get subtitle and audio track name support in remux mkv with mkvtoolnix?

Can we please get subtitle and audio track name support in addition to the language naming? when using the remux with mkv mkvtoolnix option on Netflix, it doesn't add the subtitle or audio track name, it only puts the subtitle or audio language. When both remux mkv ffmpeg and mkvtoolnix on Amazon, it doesn't add the subtitle or audio track name, it only puts the language. \ For example, instead of the audio or subtitle track being named English - [Forced Narrative] or English - [SDH] it's just named "English". If an English sd or English forced narrative subtitle track is present on sites such as netflix and amazon, and probably other providers as well, remux with mkvtoolnix results in subtitles with the same language just being named English, English instead of English [SDH] and English [Forced Narrative], such as it appears on netflix, and on various titles on Amazon. I've so far confirmed this with netflix and amazon. with netflix, using ffmpeg puts both track names with sdh and forced narrative (if present) whereas mkvtoolnix just puts audio language. with amazon, both ffmpeg and mkvtoolnix only puts the audio language, it doesn't put the track name like sdh or forced narrative (if present).

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, the dev will check it.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

subtitles track title naming issue still present for both movies and tv shows in 6.1.0.1. I tested it on "wargames the dead code" a movie which on other software gets English [SDH] , with English being in the language line and SDH being in the title line. I also tested a few episodes of Invincible, one different episode on each mkv with mkvtoolnix, mkv with ffmpeg, and mp4 remux modes.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dijitul View Post
        subtitles track title naming issue still present for both movies and tv shows in 6.1.0.1. I tested it on "wargames the dead code" a movie which on other software gets English [SDH] , with English being in the language line and SDH being in the title line. I also tested a few episodes of Invincible, one different episode on each mkv with mkvtoolnix, mkv with ffmpeg, and mp4 remux modes.
        The dev is working on the problem.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X