Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray Creator BD disc using MP4s from StreamFab Amazon Downloader will not play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray Creator BD disc using MP4s from StreamFab Amazon Downloader will not play

I have burned MP4 files downloaded using StreamFab Amazon downloader to a BD disc using Blu Ray Creator, with and without (Streaming) menus. When I try to play them on a Sony UBP-X800, the menus will not open and the discs will not play. I have had success with files downloaded from Jan 1-5, 2023, but no success with any since then. Is this a problem with the files from Amazon or with the Blu Ray Creator program.

Hi, could you playback the same BD on your PC using a software player?
    Please name one or two of the Amazon titles you have tried along with the StreamFab log file and the dvdfab_internal log file from the DVDFab12 too, thanks.

Comment

I can play the BDs on my PC using VLC and Movies & TV software players, although I cannot access menus. (I do not have Java 16 or whatever for VLC.) I can access and play the individual episodes using VLC and can access and play the individual streams using Movies and TV. The titles include The Police Certifiable from Stingray via Prime and Black Adder via Prime. I will try to supply the log files shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by paulblain View Post
        I can play the BDs on my PC using VLC and Movies & TV software players, although I cannot access menus. (I do not have Java 16 or whatever for VLC.) I can access and play the individual episodes using VLC and can access and play the individual streams using Movies and TV. The titles include The Police Certifiable from Stingray via Prime and Black Adder via Prime. I will try to supply the log files shortly.
        when you burnt the disc, did you use dvdfabs burning engine or use imgburn ??
        might try using imgburn and see if it works better.

Comment

I used IMGburn.

Comment

Mona,

Upon further investigation, I discovered that The Police Certifiable, created by Blu Ray Creator with no menu, plays OK on my Sony UBP-X800. (It did not play properly on another older Sony blu ray player.)

The Black Adder BD disc eventually played OK, but only after waiting 5-6 minutes for the BRC created menus to open, a very long wait. A BD disc containing 39 episodes of "Are You Being Served" (mostly 30 minute SD episodes) never had the (Streaming) menus open, even after 10-15 minutes. Is there a maximum number of titles that can be accommodated in the "Streaming" menu? I realize that most menus created using BRC taking longer to open than a commercially produced BD, but these example seem excessive. Is there a way to have BRC menus open more quickly, or even open at all? Any suggestions?

Comment

Mona,

Upon further investigation, I discovered that The Police Certifiable, created by Blu Ray Creator with no menu, plays OK on my Sony UBP-X800. (It did not play properly on another older Sony blu ray player.)

The Black Adder BD disc eventually played OK, but only after waiting 5-6 minutes for the BRC created menus to open, a very long wait. A BD disc containing 39 episodes of "Are You Being Served" (mostly 30 minute SD episodes) never had the (Streaming) menus open, even after 10-15 minutes. Is there a maximum number of titles that can be accommodated in the "Streaming" menu? I realize that most menus created using BRC taking longer to open than a commercially produced BD, but these example seem excessive. Is there a way to have BRC menus open more quickly, or even open at all? Any suggestions?
              will your Sony UBP-X800 play files off of a USB flash drive ??
              try putting your shows & movies on a USB flash drive and play them that way.

Comment

October262,

I do appreciate your interest and suggestions, however I really prefer to go the BD route for long term preservation. I like physical media.

Comment

October262,

I do appreciate your interest and suggestions, however I really prefer to go the BD route for long term preservation. I like physical media.
                  Just a tip because i have a Sony BDP-S6700: Mine supports BD-R created as BD-ROM with stored media files on it.
                  Since yours is a newer 4K player from Sony, maybe yours supports BD-ROM as well.

When i pop a BD-ROM disc in my player, then on the main page it lists up the found disc and upon opening, it gives me the choice between audio, video and images, so it can adjust it self to the type of media it has to deal with.
                  You could try to give it a shot if it works on your newer player as it does on my older one.​

Comment

Mona,

I will let the developer team check.

Comment

Working...
                    X