Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(6.1.0.5 actually) Random Disney+ download issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(6.1.0.5 actually) Random Disney+ download issues.

(sorry, 6.1.0.5 isn't in the drop down yet)

I've been getting issues using the past few versions of StreamFab where Disney+ is not consistently downloading. It will analyze add to que, when I start downloading it sill start, show a percentage and number of segments, but hang and get stuck there.

Other times it will download fine.

For example, today, after upgrading to 6.1.0.5 using the offline installer and clearing my log folder, I queued up about 10 movies, started my download. The first 2 in the queue came down fine. The Third one got stuck downloading video 0/2148 segments. It sat that way for a while. I also noticed while 2 completed, the downloading screen shows Finished: 1. And my Downloads available today: 49/50.

I decided to cancel it, and see if it would go on. I clicked the PAUSE button next to that download. Unfortunately the "Canceling download, please wait..." box came up and just hung there. I ended up using Windows Task Manager to kill StreamFab.

please see the attached log

EDIT: While StreamFab wasn't running, I cleared its log and temp folders, then restarted, went VIP Services -> Disney+ -> logged in -> SF Download Tab -> started queue.

First title in the queue started downloading. Second one is analyzing as I type this.. IF any others in this batch get stuck, I'll post more logs. ​

Attached Files
    Last edited by KidJoe; 01-30-2023, 04:31 PM.

Yup, Second download in the queue also hung the same way and I had to use Task Manager to kill StreamFab.

See attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have passed your report to the developer team.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        Yup, Second download in the queue also hung the same way and I had to use Task Manager to kill StreamFab.

See attached.
        The QA team staff said that they could not duplicate the "hung" problem. Currently, it‘s unsure why it happened like that on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The QA team staff said that they could not duplicate the "hung" problem. Currently, it‘s unsure why it happened like that on your end.
          So does the log reflect any errors? or does the log look normal?

Comment

Downloading from Disney for me is hit or miss (Mostly Miss). The example in the logs is Wizards of Waverly Place, but it happens on everything. I cannot seem to get those (and other) shows to download in better than 480p. While this is still DVD quality, for Disney, it's very poor. Once the failures start, it gets to a point where nothing from Disney will come in. I tried other streaming services, and Disney+ is the only one with problems. My log was to big to upload, The last bit is attached. If you need more, I can try to bite off a bigger chunk.

Edit: Retrying several times can get random episodes to download.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by supine; 02-08-2023, 02:17 PM.

Comment

The one downloading in the que in the screenshot will probably be a success. When they fail, they fail fast. It is downloading the Movie and not the series, but it's the same no matter what is in the que. Some do... Some don't. After the Movie (That didn't download on the the first second or third attempts, but is coming in on the fourth.), is the rest of the (random) episodes of National treasure, and the Simpsons (Season 33) that didn't make it the first time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Streamfab Screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	421609
              Last edited by supine; 02-08-2023, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                The one downloading in the que in the screenshot will probably be a success. When they fail, they fail fast. It is downloading the Movie and not the series, but it's the same no matter what is in the que. Some do... Some don't. After the Movie (That didn't download on the the first second or third attempts, but is coming in on the fourth.), is the rest of the (random) episodes of National treasure, and the Simpsons (Season 33) that didn't make it the first time.

Click image for larger version Name:	Streamfab Screenshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	421609
                Please post the log file that starts with something like
                -------------------------10608 2 Downloader 6.1.0.5 C:\Program Files\StreamFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe Begin 2023-02-06----------------------------

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X