Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.1.0.5 – Netflix: Higher Bitrate - H264 Main Profile

StreamFab v6.1.0.5 – Netflix: Higher Bitrate - H264 Main Profile

“New: Added support to download higher bitrate Netflix videos with H264 main profile.”

Please, can someone post a screenshot that shows an example of using this new feature implemented for version 6.1.0.5?

I used the test version "streamfab_x64_6104official_2023_01_28_19_33_4 4_de v_vs2019_cb2662a8.exe" and it worked successfully.

Now that I have the stable version installed (v6.1.0.5) I cannot see the higher bitrate for videos that I previously saw in the trial version.

This is my panel with the current configuration:

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1370
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	421406

What setting did you use when you tried it with the trial version?
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The same as shown in the image above.

Comment

Originally posted by Josephus View Post
        The same as shown in the image above.
        run your video through media info - https://www.videohelp.com/software/MediaInfo

Comment

"streamfab_x64_6104official_2023_01_28_19_33_4 4_de v_vs2019_cb2662a8.exe"

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	421414

"StreamFab v6.1.0.5"

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	421415

​I want to download with that 5000 Kbps resolution rate, but after I installed StreamFab v6.1.0.5 the resolution rate is not available.

Comment

H264 Profile (Netflix) is set to "Main". Both in the developer test version that was posted on January 28 and in the stable version 6.1.0.5.

Comment

I used uninstall software and then manually removed all the remaining folders. Logs and temporaries. Everything. There was nothing left. Then I opened the Windows registry editor and deleted everything that referred to StreamFab. All entries that were there were deleted. All of them.

After this painstaking process I installed version 6.1.0.5.

It was useless.

It is still the same.

I cannot download with higher bitrate with H264 main profile in version 6.1.0.5.

Only in the developer test version it is possible to download with higher bitrate with H264 main profile.

Exactly as it is explained in the screenshots I posted above.

Can someone from support guide me?

Comment

Originally posted by Josephus View Post
                I used uninstall software and then manually removed all the remaining folders. Logs and temporaries. Everything. There was nothing left. Then I opened the Windows registry editor and deleted everything that referred to StreamFab. All entries that were there were deleted. All of them.

After this painstaking process I installed version 6.1.0.5.

It was useless.

It is still the same.

I cannot download with higher bitrate with H264 main profile in version 6.1.0.5.

Only in the developer test version it is possible to download with higher bitrate with H264 main profile.

Exactly as it is explained in the screenshots I posted above.

Can someone from support guide me?

Yes i see the same output. I have installed Dev version of 6.1.0.4 and High bit rate is coming up with main version.
                i will wait until mods confirms that it is working with 6.1.0.5

Comment

This recent urge by the users here to want to use an older profile baffles me. The use of the Main profile and/or higher bitrates does not assure higher quality, just wasted storage space. The High profile was created to produce quality equal to or better than the old Main profile using better compression techniques that result in smaller bitrates and smaller file size. The High profile was designed with streaming in mind and to defeat a common problem caused by the Main profile of screen stoppage due to slow buffering. When the High profile first came out it was greeting with the same gaga enthusiasm that x265 is greeted with today. And for the same reasons. Higher compression resulting in equal or better quality with smaller bitrates and smaller file storage size.

Comment

Hi,

I will check it, thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                      This recent urge by the users here to want to use an older profile baffles me. The use of the Main profile and/or higher bitrates does not assure higher quality, just wasted storage space. The High profile was created to produce quality equal to or better than the old Main profile using better compression techniques that result in smaller bitrates and smaller file size. The High profile was designed with streaming in mind and to defeat a common problem caused by the Main profile of screen stoppage due to slow buffering. When the High profile first came out it was greeting with the same gaga enthusiasm that x265 is greeted with today. And for the same reasons. Higher compression resulting in equal or better quality with smaller bitrates and smaller file storage size.
                      its up to individual preference to download which profile they want ( Main or high)

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post

its up to individual preference to download which profile they want ( Main or high)
                        Sure, if you want to fill up your hard drives needlessly, be my guest. As I wrote, I'm just baffled why you would want to.

Comment

Cats4U is right again, no difference and it is ridiculous to want a profile that just has a bigger number for bitrate. And by the way, that's not true. For most of Netflix's stuff the bitrate is low which is absolutely watchable but using main or high profiles will not help you at all. Some are lower on the main than they are on the high so it's silly to download a profile that just takes up more space. A higher number does not always mean it's better.
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

StreamFab, thank you for allowing us to have several options when downloading content from NF. It is always good to choose what suits us best. I know that you respect the opinions of your customers because your goal is to reach everyone's desires. This is what made me buy your product.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X