Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] StreamFab YouTube Downloader v6.1.0.7 will not download you tiube videos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] StreamFab YouTube Downloader v6.1.0.7 will not download you tiube videos

AS the title states and this just started to happen today. I get an analysis failed notification. See screenshot below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot - 17_02_2023 , 21_25_58.jpg Views:	593 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	421923
    Attached Files

This MIGHT have something to do with a change that Youtube did very recently concerning the uploader id. Unfortunately I can't find the article again that talked about it so that you all can read about it. Anyway, this supposedly was fixed in the latest version of yt-dlp which was released today, about the same time as StreamFab 6.1.0.8.

[extractor/youtube] Fix uploader_id extraction by bashonly

Another unfortunate seems to be that StreamFab doesn't appear to want to update to the newest yt-dlp. Usually when the program YoutubeToMP3Process.exe is called by StreamFab, the first thing it does is check for an update to yt-dlp or that's what I thought I saw in the past. Now I'm not so sure about that.

C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\YouTubeDL>YoutubeToMP3Proce ss --update
    [custom info] version 2022.11.11 [8b644025b]
    [custom info] number version 1.4.6.2
    Latest version: 2023.02.17, Current version: 2022.11.11
    ERROR: Auto-update is not supported for unpackaged Windows executable; Re-download the latest release

Without the fix from the 2023.02.17 version of yt-dlp you will wind up with the error as listed by the OP.

I just found the videohelp.com forum article I couldn't find before. It pretty much confirms that the problem was caused by the change to Youtube and is fixed in the brand new yt-dlp (released after StreamFab 6.1.0.8 was released.)
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...youtube-dl-exe

Comment

Do you have any idea when a patch to fix this will be released?

Comment

I would hope that it would be a one day turnaround like with the Youtube problem on 6.1.0.6 a week ago. It should be an extremely simple fix. But with it being the weekend, I don't see any relief before Monday at the earliest.
        Last edited by Cats4U; 02-18-2023, 12:04 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Just Updated to new version, failed on all 6 videos in custom playlist.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jrogers1965; 02-18-2023, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            I would hope that it would be a one day turnaround like with the Youtube problem on 6.1.0.6 a week ago. It should be an extremely simple fix. But with it being the weekend, I don't see any relief before Monday at the earliest.
            Thank you

Comment

DO NOT REMOVE OR SKIP THE ISSUE TEMPLATE I understand that I will be blocked if I remove or skip any mandatory* field Checklist I'm reporting a bug unrelated to a specific site I've verified that I...

Issue report on yt-dlp fix on Github.

If the SF's developers would just use the standard yt-dlp rather than hiding it behind YoutubeToMP3Process.exe (and possibly YoutubeToMP3Service.exe) it would be so easy for the user to fix themselves. Out with the old, in with the new. I don't make any claim that I fully understand what they are doing or why they are doing it but with the exception of decrypting the DRMs, they are just using 'off the shelf' software to get the job done. As proof of concept I have already updated the last few versions of SF to use the latest FFMpeg, MKVMerge, and Python versions rather than the older versions found in StreamFab. Based on a previous observation I made, it looked like yt-dlp was updated automatically by YoutubeToMP3Process when a new yt-dlp came out, but now I'm not so sure that that is what happened. Renaming yt-dlp and replacing YoutubeToMP3Process within SF is accepted and doesn't produce any errors. Doing so with the latest yt-dlp doesn't fix the Youtube problem, though. Not being able to see the source code, I've gone as far as I can with my experiments. I'm sure the Developers will have this fixed in no time at all once they find out about it.

Comment

I just did 2 Bebe Rexha playlists, and it worked. Last couple of videos went kind of slow, but still worked

Comment

I'm seeing this issue with 6.1.0.8 still too

Comment

Just tried downloading some videos from YT with SF 6.1.0.8 and I'm getting the same "unable to extract uploader ID" error. Also tried with a slightly earlier version (6.1.0.4 I think) installed on another of our PCs that hadn't been upgraded yet, and got the same error. Hope this can be fixed soon...

Comment

Wilson/Mona,

No comment on the Youtube problem? I laid it all out for you as to what is causing the problem and gave a general idea of what needed to be fixed (IE.; upgrade to the latest yt-dlp code <02-17-2023> in whatever way you have it incorporated in YoutubeToMP3Process.exe and YoutubeToMP3Service.exe) Last week you did a one-day turnaround with version 6.1.0.6 going to 6.1.0.7 for a similar Youtube problem. Thank you. I hope you will do the same for 6.1.0.8.

Also, I don't know how many times I've made this suggestion but I'm going to keep at it. I think it is safe to say that StreamFab is the program that needs the most customer support from you. This is even more true when it comes to a new version release for all the obvious and not obvious reasons. Then why do you release the new StreamFab version at the very end of your day on Friday and the users are left without any Support for two weekend days? Ideally I would like to see the new version released on a Monday and any problems found should be immediately worked on and fixed and then released at any time during the week, the closer to that Monday, the better. This once a week wait until Friday with fingers crossed that a problem gets fixed, and if not, then having to do the same the next Friday just does not cut it as what would be called good customer support. Problems should be fixed as they appear and then immediately released even if it means 5 releases in one week.

Comment

We could duplicate the YouTube downloading problem, the techs are working on it, please kindly wait for an update, thanks.

Comment

Fixed with 6.1.0.9. Thank you very much, Developer! And thank you for the relatively quick turnaround.

Please..Please..Please... if at all possible, please, make either Monday or Tuesday the release day for StreamFab if you insist on doing a once a week release. That way if there is a major bug then it could possibly be fixed with a quick turnaround during the week rather than wait over the weekend and then have to wait for Friday for the next release.

Comment

I too can confirm that Youtube is working again.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                            X