Audio Question / Netflix v6113

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Question / Netflix v6113

So, a very popular series (Stranger Things 4) reports that it has Atmos as an option when opened with SF. Yes, it is by episode, no analyzing the entire series thing, in this case, episode 7. When I play it back though I get lossy stereo 128 audio. Media info also reports the mkv to have 128 stereo. Where did the Atmos go? Forcing it to download eac multichannel instead, it still downloads stereo 128.
    [Just tried it with a different stream, still stuck at stereo audio]
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 04-01-2023, 02:41 PM.

Anyone else on here able to verify that the audio that is downloaded is incorrect? It should be 6 channel but is only 2. The 3 choices are Atmos, EAC and AAC but no matter what you select you get stereo eac.

Comment

Reupped to 6114, dumped my cache and temp folders, still only getting stereo audio when it should be multichannel 5.1 (or more).

Comment

Please delete the log folder, and restart the software to try one video again, if still no 5.1, then please provide your StreamFab log file to us. Thanks.
        Last edited by Mona; 04-10-2023, 07:07 AM. Reason: Corrected description

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Atmos is not supported. Please delete the log folder, and restart the software to try one video again, if still no 5.1, then please provide your StreamFab log file to us. Thanks.
          That is incorrect. Stranger Things 4 does have Atmos. If Netflix says it has Spatial Audio, that is just the name they use for Atmos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	396
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	423938

I downloaded it with Atmos, with an earlier version of StreamFab before you unlocked H265.

I just tried now with v6.1.1.4 and i get the Atmos only if i have it analyze Season 4, which is expected behaviour.

Views:	323
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	423940
          Attached Files
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Atmos is not supported. Please delete the log folder, and restart the software to try one video again, if still no 5.1, then please provide your StreamFab log file to us. Thanks.
            I have provided the log file in the support ticket. If Atmos is not supported, why is it listed on available options?
            Last edited by MrGrackle; 04-03-2023, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

That is incorrect. Stranger Things 4 does have Atmos. If Netflix says it has Spatial Audio, that is just the name they use for Atmos.

I downloaded it with Atmos, with an earlier version of StreamFab before you unlocked H265.

I just tried now with v6.1.1.4 and i get the Atmos only if i have it analyze Season 4, which is expected behaviour.
              Did you get actual Atmos? Can you try episode 7? It seemed to have stopped somewhere in there. Did you get 768? All I was getting was 640.
              Even when I toggled to regular multichannel it still only downloaded stereo.

[Edit] Just tried The Sandman, let it in default audio (which says Atmos) and it worked.
              If I manually change it to Multichannel eac3 instead, it downloads Stereo audio only again.
              Last edited by MrGrackle; 04-03-2023, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Is this not an Atmos tag? Yes, we have decided it is Spatial, but if SF doesn't support Atmos, why is there a bubble for it? Click image for larger version

Name:	Atmos.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	423949

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

Did you get actual Atmos? Can you try episode 7? It seemed to have stopped somewhere in there. Did you get 768? All I was getting was 640.
                  Even when I toggled to regular multichannel it still only downloaded stereo.

[Edit] Just tried The Sandman, let it in default audio (which says Atmos) and it worked.
                  If I manually change it to Multichannel eac3 instead, it downloads Stereo audio only again.
                  Yes i got 768:

Views:	352
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	423952

For Stranger Things, do this:
                  • Click the inverted caret to start the analysis.
                  • Click cancel on the pop-up
                  • Use the drop-down to select Stranger Things 4
                  • Click on any episode of Season 4 to restart the analysis
                  • Now select Atmos and download the episodes

Views:	268
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	423953

If you see that StreamFab doesn't automatically select a Season 4 episode, it won't work.

You will need to go to Netflix on your regular browser and play an episode from Season 4 for like 5-10 seconds then stop it and go back to SF and click the show.

It should now pre-select that episode you played and will download the Atmos if you select that audio.

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

If you see that StreamFab doesn't automatically select a Season 4 episode, it won't work.

You will need to go to Netflix on your regular browser and play an episode from Season 4 for like 5-10 seconds then stop it and go back to SF and click the show.

It should now pre-select that episode you played and will download the Atmos if you select that audio.

Thanks for the 4-1-1 findings.

If you select Multichannel instead of "Atmos" what does it give you when it downloads? For me it showed it was downloading 5.1 but it only did stereo. YES, my VIP settings say to download multichannel, not stereo.

I just downloaded 2 episodes of The Sandman, go the 768 multichannel "Atmos" audio. Got the third episode, although it is selected "Atmos" it went back to stereo again on the final file. How many times must I delete the log files folder? This absolutely is a new issue.

As far as your workflow with the upside down carat, does that make it properly analyze the individual episode? Not all episodes have forced subs and the bitrates vary by episode. I've opted for the browser playback and pausing method for the individual episode I want. With Hulu, yes, clicking cancel, then selecting the season and episode does what I want.

Comment

Anyone else on here able to verify that the audio that is downloaded is incorrect? It should be 6 channel but is only 2. The 3 choices are Atmos, EAC and AAC but no matter what you select you get stereo eac.
                      We duplicated the only get the stereo problem.

Comment

We duplicated the only get the stereo problem.
                        Thank you. It looks like I can duplicate it frequently if I select multichannel when Atmos is one of the available options. As others on this forum indicate, the "Atmos" option might actually be "spatial".
                        I am unsure if the "spatial audio" is something I want, but there appears no way to get the regular 5.1 track at the moment so I have to make sure to switch back to Atmos if the program does not select it.

Back to your original comment about not supporting Atmos though, even the "What's New" page on this site says Atmos is supported.

"Advanced Technology

The industry's only one that supports downloading the latest content currently.
                        The first one upgrades all download features following the widevine DRM update.
                        The best one supports 1080p/Atmos high-quality downloads with the 99% success rate and fastest speeds.​"
                        Last edited by MrGrackle; 04-08-2023, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you. It looks like I can duplicate it frequently if I select multichannel when Atmos is one of the available options. As others on this forum indicate, the "Atmos" option might actually be "spatial".
                          I am unsure if the "spatial audio" is something I want, but there appears no way to get the regular 5.1 track at the moment so I have to make sure to switch back to Atmos if the program does not select it.

Back to your original comment about not supporting Atmos though, even the "What's New" page on this site says Atmos is supported.

"Advanced Technology

The industry's only one that supports downloading the latest content currently.
                          The first one upgrades all download features following the widevine DRM update.
                          The best one supports 1080p/Atmos high-quality downloads with the 99% success rate and fastest speeds.​"
                          Atmos audio is supported on Netflix. Sorry for the confusion.

I will correct my previous post.

Comment

Atmos audio is supported on Netflix. Sorry for the confusion.

I will correct my previous post.
                            Is OK Mona, thank you for the support and response.
                            Sometimes when a show has Atmos (Spatial) option, if the program auto-selects Multichannel instead, it causes the stereo only problem, requiring me to delete the logs and select Atmos. Again, you said your people have seen the problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X