HBOmax The Last Of Us in lower quality certain episodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOmax The Last Of Us in lower quality certain episodes

With the latest version of dvdfab 6.1.1.4 epsiodes 7, 8 and 9 of The Last of Us is with is a resolution of 1280x720 iso 1920 x 1080 as the rest of the episodes. And popup with DRM error message

I'm oddly not even able to download TLOU past episode 1, just errors

Comment

Originally posted by kurt2016 View Post
      With the latest version of dvdfab 6.1.1.4 epsiodes 7, 8 and 9 of The Last of Us is with is a resolution of 1280x720 iso 1920 x 1080 as the rest of the episodes. And popup with DRM error message
      Hi Kurst2016,

StreamFab will only do 720p on some titles on HBO Max Direct website per link below now per Wilson Wang because of the CDM (Content Decryption Module​) used. (See attached)

One option is to subscribe to HBO Max as a channel in Amazon Prime, and you should be able to do 1080p for HBO Max content currently using StreamFab.

If you subscribe to HBO Max as a channel on Amazon you also can logon to HBO Max via direct website by signing in with provider at HBO Max direct website - so you get both, but HBO Max as a channel on StreamFab is currently higher resolution for some newer stuff.

I've not figured out how to logon to HBO Max on my Roku Ultra because HBO Max hasn't updated their apps to let me, but I watch it on Amazon Prime App instead.

I have *no* idea if StreamFab is working on fixing their programming for the HBO Max Module for direct website to support 1080p again but it *could* be done currently, I believe, if they programmed using HEVC (Main 10@L4@Main). (See attached example done just now).

6.1.1.3 HBO titles back to 720 - CDM that was being used by StreamFab per Wilson Wang on 3/16/23
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...288#post423288

Mike - just another user
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 04-01-2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

thx for the info but I can't use the HBO Max via Amazon America as I'm living in Europe and Amazon here is without hte HBOMax subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt2016 View Post
          thx for the info but I can't use the HBO Max via Amazon America as I'm living in Europe and Amazon here is without hte HBOMax subscription.
          Kurt2016,

Hopefully they are working on fixing it via HBO Direct Website, but last year it was not fixed for many months.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X