MKV/Disney+ issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV/Disney+ issue

There is a specific episode of The Simpsons I tried downloading several times and the mkv file itself freezes at 14seconds during playback. You can grab the slider and move past 14 seconds, but that's not a solution.
    Season 2 EP 15. Download as multichannel audio, best bitrate, 1080p, save as MKV. I have it set to FFMPEG by default.
    Tried remuxxing with MKVToolnix, no help there. Tried 3 different players, MPC-HC 64, VLC and KODI, same freeze point.
    I eventually downloaded it as a MP4 instead and it worked. I even remuxxed the MP4 to MKV and it worked too.
    But the question comes, how many other MKV files do I have that are corrupted that I have not checked?
    I did open a support ticket with log file, but am curious if anyone else has tried this episode?

We've received your log file, we will check.

Comment

Hi! Just wanted to let you know I downloaded all of the simpsons in 1080p up to around s33x05 I think. I haven't had any issues that I'm aware of. I checked that specific episode 2x15 "oh brother, where art thou" and my copy from a few weeks ago played normal. There was no freezing in that entire episode with VLC. I checked my copy on the players you mentioned and they all haven't shown any issues. My default settings in streamfab are set to 1080 mkv with ffmpeg. I believe it was about 6.1.2.5 that downloaded the first part of the simpsons. As for everything else thus far, I've got 6.1.2.7 running on all the machines without any failure yet. I'm holding off on upgrading unless absolutely necessary. The updates tend to cause more issues than what is fixed lately, so I've avoided moving forward until something stops working on my end with the current installed version.

Comment

I went from 6125 to 6130 with no ill effects.

Comment

Working...
        X