Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater running when StreamFab is not

Greetings, Mona and fellow StreamFabbers,

This morning I woke up my computer and logged in to find the StreamFab updater presenting me with the option to update to the latest version, even though StreamFab itself was not running at the time. While I appreciate that many may value getting update notices without having to actually run StreamFab, I don't use it often enough to justify giving up the resources necessary to have the update checker running in the background all the time, regardless of how little it may use. I've looked through settings and can find no option to disable this behavior. Have I missed something? If not, would you please ask the developers to include the option to disable the background updater? For the time being I've killed the process and removed the registry entry for auto-starting the updater.

While I'm here, would you also please ask the developers to include the option to disable the system tray icon as well? This second request is clearly nothing more than a personal preference about something that likely has no effect on the overall operation of the program, so I completely understand if that gets put on the backburner in favor of addressing more pressing issues.

Thank you
Working...
X