v6.1.3.1 Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v6.1.3.1 Amazon

I have mine set for 720p, for less file size, on downloading Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, the first two episodes are at 720p. After that the rest, ep 3-6 for some reason during the download jump to 1080p. StreamFab.log

Here's also the download report.... download_report_2023_07_14_15_47_48.txt

Comment

Once again, someone is the victim of StreamFab deciding you don't know what you want and it'll give you what you should want.

I am really starting to think they actually don't give a fuck anymore.

They used to take our suggestions/complaints and actually implement positive changes.

Now they just want to shove stuff down our throat. Probably because they took a long time implementing this pseudo-AI that is a failure but refuse to admit it.

Can't even tell us why they won't let us analyze individual episodes without having to jump through several hoops using a regular browser in conjunction with StreamFab.

It truly fucking baffles the mind.
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by rmcaw52 View Post
        I have mine set for 720p, for less file size, on downloading Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, the first two episodes are at 720p. After that the rest, ep 3-6 for some reason during the download jump to 1080p. [ATTACH]n427952[/ATTACH]
        I've passed your report to the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
          Once again, someone is the victim of StreamFab deciding you don't know what you want and it'll give you what you should want.

I am really starting to think they actually don't give a fuck anymore.

They used to take our suggestions/complaints and actually implement positive changes.

Now they just want to shove stuff down our throat. Probably because they took a long time implementing this pseudo-AI that is a failure but refuse to admit it.

Can't even tell us why they won't let us analyze individual episodes without having to jump through several hoops using a regular browser in conjunction with StreamFab.

It truly fucking baffles the mind.
          Hi jpp72, I am so sorry that it makes you feel this way. We are always appreciating your feedback/suggestions and your time to help others here.
          All your feedback and reports you posted in the forum here were noticed by the developers. I think they may just need some time to think bout them.

I can understand your upset, and I will push them to check as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi jpp72, I am so sorry that it makes you feel this way. We are always appreciating your feedback/suggestions and your time to help others here.
            All your feedback and reports you posted in the forum here were noticed by the developers. I think they may just need some time to think bout them.

I can understand your upset, and I will push them to check as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your support.
            Thank you for at least acknowledging that the developers are thinking about what to do with this. I was honestly going to stop all posting and just silently stew over this and not engage anymore.

Hopefully the developers figure something out soon but again, i strongly feel they will get a better product and less issues if they do 2 major things and 1 small one:
            1. Give us a way to analyze individual episodes without having to use another browser
            2. Implement the Amazon download windows on all other modules
            3. A setting to disable automatic downloading of "Best Quality Available"
            These will fix:
            • Being docked a download credit for something we didn't want
            • Knowing in advance if something is even available to download
            It may seem small but knowing in advance what is available is huge! We can decide the exact bitrate, audio and subtitles for individual episodes and have a more consistent output. Like on amazon if we select the 5000kbps for the whole season and some are 4000kbps instead, then we can decide to download the 4000kbps instead of how StreamFab does it now where it downloads the 9000kbps.

I strongly believe that the download window and individual episodes analysis can fix half the issues we see with missing forced subtitles, random bitrates and H264 downloaded over H265. I understand Artificial Intelligence is all the rage these days but some of us do have a brain and can use it. We don't need StreamFab to guess what we want when we can just tell it what we want.
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Thank you for at least acknowledging that the developers are thinking about what to do with this. I was honestly going to stop all posting and just silently stew over this and not engage anymore.

Hopefully the developers figure something out soon but again, i strongly feel they will get a better product and less issues if they do 2 major things and 1 small one:
              1. Give us a way to analyze individual episodes without having to use another browser
              2. Implement the Amazon download windows on all other modules
              3. A setting to disable automatic downloading of "Best Quality Available"
              These will fix:
              • Being docked a download credit for something we didn't want
              • Knowing in advance if something is even available to download
              It may seem small but knowing in advance what is available is huge! We can decide the exact bitrate, audio and subtitles for individual episodes and have a more consistent output. Like on amazon if we select the 5000kbps for the whole season and some are 4000kbps instead, then we can decide to download the 4000kbps instead of how StreamFab does it now where it downloads the 9000kbps.

I strongly believe that the download window and individual episodes analysis can fix half the issues we see with missing forced subtitles, random bitrates and H264 downloaded over H265. I understand Artificial Intelligence is all the rage these days but some of us do have a brain and can use it. We don't need StreamFab to guess what we want when we can just tell it what we want.
              Thanks for the feedback. Let's hope the developers can figure something out soon.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Let's hope the developers can figure something out soon.
                It still comes down to a very basic request of analyzing individual episodes (of TV series) and allowing us to select what we want. Audio, subtitles (forced or not), codec, resolution, bitrates.

Comment

Even the Amazon module still doesn't analyze the individual TV episodes like it claims to.
                  With h265 as the preferred method, Click on CSI Season 5. Now, select the episode near the end, Grave Danger (not the part 1 and part 2). The program will tell you the episode is 2.19 Gb, even if you toggle h264 and back to h265, the episode that downloads is 4.93 Gb.
                  If you try to download the individual parts, part 1 and part 2, you will only get stereo audio. I do not know what the max is on those, but it seems odd that the entire season is 5.1, except those 2 episodes. Maybe it is, maybe Prime has that screwed up. But back to the original situation, it is 4.93 Gb, NOT 2.19.
                  Last edited by MrGrackle; 07-20-2023, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I've passed your report to the developer.
                    v6.1.3.2 fixed the problem, Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X