Same error, different video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same error, different video

I was able to get one Playlist last night but had to turn off Turbo-Speed. Tried again this morning on a Post Malone video & got the same error Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-15 072822.jpg
Views:	787
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	427976

There is no link to the video, please close StreamFab, clean the caches, and then repeat your process to try again, if still have a problem, please send the latest log file. Thanks.

Comment

Just deleted the program & reinstalled it, then tried again. Same results

StreamFab.log

Comment

Mona Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-17 073044.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	428044 Screenshot of error

Comment

Someone reported a similar error a month or so ago. It's a Python error. Just Google "expected string or bytes-like object" for more info on it. I'd love to blame it on StreamFab using Python 3.7 which is deprecated because it reached end of life but I don't think that's the problem in this case. Looks to be a simple coding error where the program was expecting a string parameter and got something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Someone reported a similar error a month or so ago. It's a Python error. Just Google "expected string or bytes-like object" for more info on it. I'd love to blame it on StreamFab using Python 3.7 which is deprecated because it reached end of life but I don't think that's the problem in this case. Looks to be a simple coding error where the program was expecting a string parameter and got something else.
            Thanks. It just started doing it a few days ago, and I coildn't understand why as I never had the issue before. Is there a fix for it, or should I give up on StreamFab?

Comment

Originally posted by jrogers1965 View Post

Thanks. It just started doing it a few days ago, and I coildn't understand why as I never had the issue before. Is there a fix for it, or should I give up on StreamFab?
              It's the same thing with me. Everything was working fine then I applied the update taking me to StreamFab 64-bit 6.1.3.1. It doesn't matter if I try to downlead a music file or video file. It barely starts to download and that's when the message appears.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristmasRose View Post

It's the same thing with me. Everything was working fine then I applied the update taking me to StreamFab 64-bit 6.1.3.1. It doesn't matter if I try to downlead a music file or video file. It barely starts to download and that's when the message appears.
                Sorry...I meant to add that I did Google the phrase "expected string or bytes-like object" and it did indicate it is an error that appears when using Python (whatever that is), but the solution is not something we users can do or control. I went so far as to use Revo to uninstall the product completely, then after the re-boot, I re-installed the application and re-authorized it but I have the same resulting error when trying to download anything from YouTube on channels (and videos) I've had no problems with in the past. (The reason for trying to download a video and a music file I've already downloaded was to insure it wasn't something connected to a new video/music file.)

Comment

You can't do anything to fix your problem. StreamFab needs to fix their Python code that is causing the error.

I do wish to praise you for using Revo to uninstall StreamFab and then doing a clean install. If you do that everytime you do an update you will find that you'll have less problems. Unfortunately this particular error is not one that can be fixed by that method.
                  I'd like to add one thing, Revo and other pro uninstallers usually don't remove the contents of your Temp and Log directories when they do an uninstall. You'll want to do that manually before you do the Revo.

Comment

Just deleted the program & reinstalled it, then tried again. Same results

[ATTACH]n428041[/ATTACH]
                    OK.

Comment

Mona Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-07-17 073044.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	428044 Screenshot of error
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230719-120140.png
Views:	432
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	428118
                      We tested with the current version and the coming version, and both worked. Please try to clean the caches and then run StreamFab to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230719-120140.png
Views:	432
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	428118
                        We tested with the current version and the coming version, and both worked. Please try to clean the caches and then run StreamFab to try again.
                        Not sure where all the Cache's are, but I emptied out the folders that that did see. May just wait for updates or switch to a different program altogether.

Comment

Working...
                        X