Set Default Name Template changes don't stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Set Default Name Template changes don't stick

I've waited a long time for this feature to be added to StreamFab. By default (especially an issue for TV episodes), StreamFab uses an underscore character to separate the components of each TV episode. Long ago, I standardized on dashes rather than underscores for items that'll be added to my Plex media libraries. Unfortunately, the edits I've made to this new feature--simply replacing the two underscores with dashes as shown in the pic--are routinely being removed from the template and it returns to its initial settings. Sometimes it happens between sessions; other times it's happened right in the middle of a TV series' season download, where the first dozen shows use the correct dashes and the remainder plus all those following in the queue revert to underscores. Note that this happens whether I've only replaced the two underscores with dashes or whether I change them to dash space or space dash.

That is, this feature quickly restores its initial/default settings on its own... typically within 1-2 days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deafult Name Template.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	434877

Interesting. I have not seen that yet. Anyone else run into this issue?

Do your entries in Settings>VIP Service actually change back to the original default? Or do you just see it in some resulting file names?

Just a note - As written in the 6.1.5.5 changelog, not all streamers are using this yet.
    New: Added support to customize output file names in Settings > VIP Services. (Note: Amazon/Netflix/Max/Hulu/Paramount+/Apple TV+/Joyn/SkyShowtime/Roku are supported first, others will be soon.)

Comment

"Yes" to both questions. It does change the setting back to the default. And not some but all subsequent downloads use the default naming convention.

I didn't see that note in the changelog, but that may be a clue. I've been downloading from both Hulu and Max. Conceivably switching from one service that supports the edited naming convention to one that doesn't might cause it to revert to the default. If so, though, that's unexpected behavior. Logically, it should use the new naming for services that support it and use the default for those that don't. Changing the setting back to the default for all services is problematic; i.e., I won't know it has been reset until I examine the dozens of downloads that reverted to the default naming.

Comment

Jack/Mona/Wilson,
        Please send this over to the developer to have it looked at. Thanks!

Comment

I can only say that's full working from beginning with my used providers.
          I changed underscore to dot and use low characters for season and episode:
          Show name .s season num e episode num . episode name​

Originally posted by zapt View Post
          Conceivably switching from one service that supports the edited naming
          convention to one that doesn't might cause it to revert to the default.
          That's why I dl an episode from RTL+ (unsupported by Name Template)
          and after this from netflix, 1x Disney (unsupported) and amazon.
          Ergo: My template is fix and works

I lose this settings only if I use an older SF version (6154) for testing.

Because of this I saved the settings for easy resetting:

In %AppData%\DVDFab\StreamFab is StreamFab.ini

OutputNameTemplateForMovie
          OutputNameTemplateForTVShow​

Comment

Cats4U Additional Note: I checked the StreamFab version notes, and it's stated that both Hulu and Max support this new feature. So I assume that switching between them likely had no impact on resetting this defaults. The only unusual behaviors by me during these 2 or 3 resets were: (1) I was downloading huge queues for both services (over 200 TV episodes for each), so they couldn't be downloaded in a single day [each service has a 200 file daily limit]; and (2) occasionally I left StreamFab running 2 or 3 days without closing and restarting.

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
              Cats4U Additional Note: I checked the StreamFab version notes, and it's stated that both Hulu and Max support this new feature. So I assume that switching between them likely had no impact on resetting this defaults. The only unusual behaviors by me during these 2 or 3 resets were: (1) I was downloading huge queues for both services (over 200 TV episodes for each), so they couldn't be downloaded in a single day [each service has a 200 file daily limit]; and (2) occasionally I left StreamFab running 2 or 3 days without closing and restarting.
              OK, I've reported this issue. We'll test on our end.

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
              X