This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Update files

Dear Fab Team, please let us determine the location of these two files...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-07 134256.png
Views:	488
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	435003
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 01-11-2024, 05:49 PM.

Hi,

I will ask the dev to check it.

Wilson

Comment

The Directory updateLog is per default in:
      Code:
      %UserProfile%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\update
      If not, look in your SF Settings where is "Temp Directory"
      open this directory and go in update, there is updateLog

LiveUpdate.log is on my PC in %UserProfile%\Documents\DVDFab

Comment

Yes, I know it's there. I don't want it there. I would like to be able to change the storage location like the "Log" and "Temp" folders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
          Dear Fab Team, please let us determine the location of these two files...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-07 134256.png Views:	54 Size:	10.0 KB ID:	435003
          Better translation!

Dear Fab Team, please let us change the location of these two files...​

Comment

Cats4U jpp72 Can you mention my suggestion to a contact person? That, the directory in which Update.log and LiveUpdate are stored can be changed by the user.

Comment

Before I possibly do that, I'd like to hear your reasoning for doing that. It can't be space. I have an active Liveupdate.log that dates back to November of last year, and it is all of 18K. Logs can easily be erased at any time. They will be rebuilt as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                Before I possibly do that, I'd like to hear your reasoning for doing that. It can't be space. I have an active Liveupdate.log that dates back to November of last year, and it is all of 18K. Logs can easily be erased at any time. They will be rebuilt as needed.
                Congrats are in order I guess....not sure you wanted this as you noted you didn't want the task but under the cuff you have been promoted to Moderator. Not high jacking this thread but congrats just the same as you were already doing the job at hand.

Comment

Hi,

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Congrats are in order I guess....not sure you wanted this as you noted you didn't want the task, but under the cuff you have been promoted to Moderator. Not high jacking this thread, but congrats just the same, as you were already doing the job at hand.
                    Thank you. I put them off for as long as I could, but they finally won me over. There are a lot of great people working on the staff and are actually trying to produce the best program they can. It just takes time, and it is a cat and mouse game because the streamers keep changing things. And another thing, I get to work side by side with Jack (jpp72) and that is a definite plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                      Hi,

Wilson
                      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                        Someone on team heard my suggestion! Whether it finds its way into the product remains to be seen. The topic can be closed!
                        Anyway, thanks Cats4U

Comment

Working...
                        X