No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.1.7.7: What doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know exactly which version is packaged in Streamfab, but if they say 102 is included and Windows 7 goes up to 109, then the situation is even sadder than it already is.​
    I am still using 6.1.6.7. Actually, I haven't run StreamFab in over a month, as I'm getting all my files via Torrenting now. Anyway, what I would find probably wouldn't be what you would find if you are using a newer version of StreamFab.

Go to C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\ and look at the Properties of libcef.dll. In the Details tab it will show you what version of CEF browser StreamFab is running. Next, load up StreamFab and enter on the URL line -
    Code:
    https://www.whatsmyua.info/
    This will tell you what type of browser and the version of the browser that StreamFab is presenting to the streamer. This is called a User-Agent. The libcef.dll needs to be below 110 to run Windows 7. Streamers want the User-Agent to be as close to the current stable version of the named browser as possible. With Chromium-based browsers, that would be 124.

What do you get and with which version of StreamFab?

Comment

Cats4U Not just on your end, it updated here as well. Not finding it in the AS install directory so they're using a different method?

I didn't see Amazon Prime in the list of supported sites so I'm not sure updating is going to help me there.​

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Ok NewMelle peace. We can agree on "one problem".

125 is still in beta. From version 127 onwards, ancient CPUs will be removed (without SSE3), I don't know if that will cause problems too.

I don't know exactly which version is packaged in Streamfab, but if they say 102 is included and Windows 7 goes up to 109, then the situation is even sadder than it already is.​
      Don't get me wrong, I'm not pissed. I don't mind if SF abandons Win7. It is the way of the world according to Microsoft and everyone sooner or later kisses their ass, some out of necessity, others out of naivety. The point I was trying to make is upgrading to Win10/11 has zero impact on the issues we're seeing with SF.

TPM should be an option, not a requirement. If the TPM fails you're done. Toast. It is fairly easy to get around the TPM 2.0 requirement for Win11 but can't go into that here. The Win7 system I am using right now also has a Win11 boot drive and no TPM module. Slowly but surely I am TRYING to migrate everything over to 11 but that is a long ways off.

I have not tried SF with Paramount+ recently (I don't want my account locked out again) and I'll be darned if I'm buying the Disney+ plugin just to test (and most likely be disappointed or worse).

6.1.7.7 does "work" with Amazon but I use that term loosely as I don't consider re-encoding an acceptable solution to the DRM issue. I simply won't accept the long processing times that I experience with my system configuration. In the recent past something I did not experience.

I still think it a bit odd there are 5 versions of Widevine CDM installed (this is a fresh install of 6.1.6.7). I'm curios if the browser errors above are due to the wrong version of Widevine being used for those providers.

Click image for larger version  Name:	widevine_versions.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.7 KB ID:	442706
      Last edited by NewMelle; 05-17-2024, 04:00 PM.
      Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I am still using 6.1.6.7. Actually, I haven't run StreamFab in over a month, as I'm getting all my files via Torrenting now. Anyway, what I would find probably wouldn't be what you would find if you are using a newer version of StreamFab.

Go to C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\ and look at the Properties of libcef.dll. In the Details tab it will show you what version of CEF browser StreamFab is running. Next, load up StreamFab and enter on the URL line -
        Code:
        https://www.whatsmyua.info/
        This will tell you what type of browser and the version of the browser that StreamFab is presenting to the streamer. This is called a User-Agent. The libcef.dll needs to be below 110 to run Windows 7. Streamers want the User-Agent to be as close to the current stable version of the named browser as possible. With Chromium-based browsers, that would be 124.

What do you get and with which version of StreamFab?
        I also only use 6161 for Amazon and 6167 for the rest.

Comment

I also only use 6161 for Amazon and 6167 for the rest.
          Unfortunately, I have tried both 6161 and 6167, I don't know what changed for me with Amazon but neither works they go into analyzing and then after some time error.
          6167 was my go-to for Amazon because many times got the better audio as well.
          Even tried stuff I got before with 6167 and now goes into the analyzing and error.
          Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post

Unfortunately, I have tried both 6161 and 6167, I don't know what changed for me with Amazon but neither works they go into analyzing and then after some time error.
            6167 was my go-to for Amazon because many times got the better audio as well.
            Even tried stuff I got before with 6167 and now goes into the analyzing and error.
            they only work with non-updated DRM files

Comment

I would but as I've said elsewhere, I use Amazon for more than just movies. There are series I enjoy as well and unless I'm mistaken both of those versions now have an issue with series listing only the first episode as if it were a movie. I don't actually use SF any more. There are far better and more economical options out there for my needs. All this version switching is tiresome.

Cats4U For some odd reason that URL just pulls up a YouTube search results for me. Using 6.1.7.7, haven't bothered with 6.1.7.8 yet since there was no mention of a DRM fix (just more re-encoding ).
              Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                I would but as I've said elsewhere, I use Amazon for more than just movies. There are series I enjoy as well and unless I'm mistaken both of those versions now have an issue with series listing only the first episode as if it were a movie. I don't actually use SF any more. There are far better and more economical options out there for my needs. All this version switching is tiresome.

Cats4U For some odd reason that URL just pulls up a YouTube search results for me. Using 6.1.7.7, haven't bothered with 6.1.7.8 yet since there was no mention of a DRM fix (just more re-encoding ).
                6161 and 6167 also work with series. I posted a workaround for this. But now you don't need to use it anymore. If you're lucky, you'll get 10 episodes with the old DRM from a series with 100 episodes.

Comment

they only work with non-updated DRM files
                  Yeah, I figure now most, if not all, content has been changed to the updated DRM.
                  At least what I try to get. Even shows from freevee via Amazon no longer work that I try. And they did work when the initial DRM change came, like I think some stated at first new stuff only was effected now with the mess Amazon is making of their prime library they are changing most now. I saw a few get some things, but it was rented movies, which really I think they would be even better protected. I don't rent movies or shows. And for sure not from greedy Amazon.
                  Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post

Yeah, I figure now most, if not all, content has been changed to the updated DRM.
                    At least what I try to get. Even shows from freevee via Amazon no longer work that I try. And they did work when the initial DRM change came, like I think some stated at first new stuff only was effected now with the mess Amazon is making of their prime library they are changing most now. I saw a few get some things, but it was rented movies, which really I think they would be even better protected. I don't rent movies or shows. And for sure not from greedy Amazon.
                    I rented a HD movie last month because I didn't want to wait around for Prime to vanish it - it was older content and downloaded in 540p using 6.1.6.7.

Comment

6161 and 6167 also work with series. I posted a workaround for this. But now you don't need to use it anymore. If you're lucky, you'll get 10 episodes with the old DRM from a series with 100 episodes.
                      Well, I was going to look into the script fix but now maybe not. I do still have 6.1.6.7 through 6.1.7.7 installed but pretty much only for testing and comparison. I foolishly trusted SF to update correctly in the past so the only early versions I have are very old. I know now to download any new versions the minute they're posted.

Comment

"Leaving Prime" is one of the first things I check when going to Amazon.

Comment

I rented Sneakers (1992) a couple of days ago, downloaded with 6.1.6.6 in 1080p and EAC3 5.1.

Comment

Cats4U For some odd reason that URL just pulls up a YouTube search results for me. Using 6.1.7.7, haven't bothered with 6.1.7.8 yet since there was no mention of a DRM fix (just more re-encoding ).​
                            You're putting the URL in the wrong place. It goes in the top URL line that says
                            Search or visit a website

Comment

I swear I was putting it in the URL bar! Maybe I pasted in the wrong spot the first time not thinking and got stuck in a circle. Been a hectic day. Had three brown-outs today (thanks to rural living) and spent a lot of time going around and properly spinning down and up external backup and storage drives. No sooner did I bring all of them back online "blip" again. Luckily the PCs each have a UPS.

This is what I got this time. Looks like it is reporting Chrome v123 and Winblows 10.

Click image for larger version  Name:	user_agent.jpg Views:	0 Size:	62.6 KB ID:	442731

Comment

jpp72, @newMelle
                                I dont get it, what should i see there? Some folders with some names..?? i just dont get it anyway...?!?

(was reacting to post #13 and post #14 !!)

Comment

Working...
                                X