Well this is new....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Well this is new....

Tried a few movies on MAX this morning. New (Dune Part 2, Iron Claw), older (and much older) but newly made available (Mad Max Fury Road and Beyond Thunderdome), and been available for awhile (Hellboy Golden Army). All but Hellboy gave me results as shown in image. Sound seems fine for entire movie, but the video is a still image
    Using 6.1.77 (didn't install latest version - figured why bother..)​ Click image for larger version

Name:	Dune P2.png
Views:	2144
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	442838

Dune 2 downloaded yesterday with 6.1.7.8 from Max plays fine. I haven't tried the others.

One thing to note is that its a funky resolution. 1600x670. Its 2.39:1 ratio, but I'm not sure if its considered "in spec" for 720p or not because of that 1600 is odd... BUT that is the highest available currently for this title from Max with SF or AS.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	545.4 KB ID:	442842
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KidJoe; 05-22-2024, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I cant even open MAX, I get a error saying too many redirects.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        Perhaps because hbomax now max and fab will apply fix one day in the long future.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	815
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	442848

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Max.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	442852 I am using MAX

Comment

Originally posted by CocoJambo View Post

Perhaps because hbomax now max and fab will apply fix one day in the long future.
            In the US it's been MAX for exactly one year, so that's not it - I can access MAX on 6.1.6.7., but I can't speak to whether anything will download, or if any later screen recording versions can access it. It's only in Europe that it HBO has just been switched over to MAX.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
              I had that a few months ago, shortly after the name change. I thin I tried hitting the HBOMax button and it gave an error, did a kind of redirect or something and after that the Max button started working

Comment

Update - tried again last night after updating to latest version - same result. Tried a couple more times, different settings - same result. Then tried with default H264 and resolution settings and that worked. So I guess my issue is anything other than default settings didn't work

Comment

• Amazon Max* Netflix content added after January 25th 2024 cannot be downloaded at all. It is back to normal for everything else.
                  • So this is going to be it? ​ This means everything after January 25th ( 5 months ago) is no good and I should forget about using this program forever if I want after January 25th I have to go to a different program. I have a suggestion. Put this in all your advertising so new people don't get the wrong idea. I mean you wouldn't want your customers to think you are false advertising would you?

Comment

I don't get too many redirects on Max (USA) this afternoon using 6.1.7.8. (I didn't update to the 6.1.7.9 that was just released),

But when clicking Download Now, It does start trying to PLAY the movie, as the download tab is showing "waiting to download"... then after about 20 or 30 seconds, the payback on the other tab stops and the download starts (at 720p) and completes properly.

Comment

Working...
                    X