No announcement yet.

StreamFab support for MGM+ in 6.1.8.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query StreamFab support for MGM+ in 6.1.8.3?

Tried to use 6.1.8.3 to download a new release on MGM+ and StreamFab would not pick up any content when the movie started playing.

Is there support for MGM+ anymore? Since it doesn't have its own entry in the VIP, is it supposed to use MPD or M3U8?

Thanks!

Originally posted by jfabritz View Post
    Tried to use 6.1.8.3 to download a new release on MGM+ and StreamFab would not pick up any content when the movie started playing.

Is there support for MGM+ anymore? Since it doesn't have its own entry in the VIP, is it supposed to use MPD or M3U8?

Thanks!
    MGM+ is on Amazon.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

So only through the Amazon interface, not direct at mgmplus dot com?

I pay for it through my cable provider, so paying Amazon to get it is not in the cards.

Comment

I pay for it through my cable provider, so paying Amazon to get it is not in the cards.
        You can consult customer service in the support section of the streamfab official website

Comment

That's your choice.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

MGM+ is not a supported site. https://www.dvdfab.cn/supported-sites-list.htm

Comment

Wait until Amazon offers free 7-day trial or promotional discount (usually $1.99 a month), subscribe, download what you want before the time is up, then unsubscribe. The 7-day trial will only work once.

I usually put the videos I want in my watch list, subscribe when they offers discounts, download everything then unsubscribe. Of course, this runs the risk of the videos being taken off the service while you were waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
                Wait until Amazon offers free 7-day trial or promotional discount (usually $1.99 a month), subscribe, download what you want before the time is up, then unsubscribe. The 7-day trial will only work once.
                Just be careful with free trials on Amazon. I had previously subscribed and cancelled Acorn TV almost a year before. Everything on the site kept telling me I was eligible for the free trial, right up to the end when I got a pop-up receipt telling me I just paid $7.99 for my first month.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

That's your choice.
                  That was helpful, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                    Is there any chance it might become supported, or do they use a system that the fine folks here haven't figured out yet?

Comment

Is there any chance it might become supported, or do they use a system that the fine folks here haven't figured out yet?
                      have you tried downloading anything from MGM+ ?? just tried In Restless Dreams: The Music of Paul Simon

https://www.mgmplus.com/series/in-re...-of-paul-simon, it downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried downloading anything from MGM+ ?? just tried In Restless Dreams: The Music of Paul Simon

https://www.mgmplus.com/series/in-re...-of-paul-simon, it downloads.
                        I just upgraded to 6.1.8.4 and tried the movie I tried on the 16th and it works with the DRM MPD method. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Comment

Amazon has a 7-day free trial, just like they do for all subscription channels, and I'll bet you'll be able to download most of the content you want during that time frame. The best thing is that you'll get your content in 1080p, and usually in EAC3 5.1 audio - Prime usually offers better video resolution, and definitely better audio, than you'll get if you subscribe separately to MAX or Paramount+.

I get MAX through my cable provider the way you do with MGM+, but if I want to download anything, I wait until I have enough to make it worthwhile and then renew my MAX subscription through Prime for a month. With MGM+ it's kind of moot since Fab doesn't support the platform, but you won't be unhappy with the download quality. Since you can try it for free, you literally have nothing to lose.
                          Last edited by artsunlimited; 06-24-2024, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X