No announcement yet.

Can StreamFab download from Jio Cinema?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Can StreamFab download from Jio Cinema?

According to this article:

Get essential insights into the jiocinema with the options of ads-free & permanent Jio cinema download for PC or other devices.

StreamFab can download videos from Jio Cinema. However this is pretty much the only source on the web which says that it can, so I want to ask the following questions:

1. Has anyone ever been successful with using StreamFab to download from Jio Cinema, and if so, which downloader do you need?

2. Were you able to download at full 1080p (or above), or are there any limitations? What about audio?

Thanks

I never visit this site before ..

.. but Analyzing looks fine (click to enlarge)

Click image for larger version  Name:	JioCinema.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.4 KB ID:	446682

Download is slow with my India VPN and ended with:

[Critical]: command: request server command failed
    "YouTubeDL: Media Fetch Finished ExitCode:" "62097 ExitStatus: 1"
    and dl restart ..

With same connection my yt-dlp download is faster:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jiocinema_yt-dlp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	446683

Result:​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	jiocinema_result.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.7 KB ID:	446684

Update
    After two downloads restarted the 3rd was fine:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jiocinema_sf_ok.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	446686
    Last edited by Germania; 07-23-2024, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for looking at this. I had no idea it was that straightforward. Also the article seemed to suggest you needed to use the DRM MPD downloader, but you appear to have succeeded using the Youtube Downloader.

Also thanks for the info on the yt-dlp downloader, very handy to know it exists.

Comment

For anyone who finds this thread via a search engine or otherwise, since posting the above I've bought a paid subscription to Jio Cinema and can provide some new information.

Firstly, StreamFab does work with it, but with a number of limitations. The main thing is that the initial analysis to find seasons, episodes and so on completely fails. Funnily enough the error returned is a yt-dlp error, it's a very simple one to fix but it requires StreamFab to be updated to pass the correct parameters to yt-dlp.

Now in spite of this failure, if you open a title in the browser in StreamFab, the DRM MPD downloader successfully sees the title, and you can download it then with just one caveat: no subtitles. This in spite of the fact that subtitles are definitely available for all titles I've seen, i.e. HBO shows.

An interesting thing is that if you're prepared to put in the effort and have some programming skills, there are free tools on the internet which let you download from Jio with a lot of manual work. I would prefer it if StreamFab could build something into their software as it would make it so much easier just to queue up shows as with Netflix and Amazon downloaders, but that functionality isn't there at the moment.

Also in case you are interested, a tonne of titles on Jio aren't DRM-encrypted at all, so can be downloaded with various free tools. It seems to be just the HBO and Paramount+ titles that are protected.

One more thing to be aware of: it seems that the best audio codec available, at least to download, is 93.4kb/s 48.0 khz, AAC, which honestly isn't that great, but if that doesn't bother you then go ahead.

Comment

Working...
        X