StreamFab & VPN with Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon StreamFab & VPN with Amazon

I'm able to get into other countries for prime movies with either express or nord vpn. But for some reason SF analyzes it and does it's normal thing but the popup never shows up to allow me to add it to my queue or just download it right away. Oh and Amazon instantly says I'm traveling when I first open the amazon module. So I know the vpns are working. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Are you clicking Analyze on the bottom right of your screen?

Comment

Amazon actually shouldn't be aware that you're traveling. Make sure you're not on "auto" in "Amazon Prime Video Region" - if you want to get content from Prime US, UK, Japan or Germany, select those. If you're trying to access Canada, Australia or anywhere else, select "primevideo.com" and see if that makes a difference. (I've actually used this setting for everything successfully.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-29 07.18.00.png
Views:	394
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	447079

Comment

I actually have it set to auto analyze. I'll try that out when I get a chance. Now what if I have a prime account in america but the prime movie is in Japan. Won't amazon log me in and realize my actual location and boot me?. Thanks

Comment

Ok so I tried changing the location settings like you told me to, It does the analying, checking the meta data and stuff and still brings me back to amazon prime home page with no download window popping up. Oh and as far as primevideo is concerned, that always brings me back to the normal amazon homepage.I have no idea what to try anymore lol

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
            I actually have it set to auto analyze. I'll try that out when I get a chance. Now what if I have a prime account in america but the prime movie is in Japan. Won't amazon log me in and realize my actual location and boot me?. Thanks
            Prime won't let you access video content in another country using a US Prime account, without a VPN you'll get the blue banner: "Traveling or based outside ___? Video availability outside of ____ varies. Sign in to see videos available to you." And even with a VPN the only content you can access is free stuff anyone can view without a membership. This, plus the "auto" setting, may be why you can't generate a download menu.

My experience has been that you need to set up an account in Japan or any other country you want to download from, but as Prime has a 30-day free trial, it's free and fairly easy. I kept my regular US Prime account, but set up another one using my first two initials/first initial middle name and same last name in the country I wanted to download from. I googled residential hotels, and chose an address and added a made-up room number as my address, so now I was based in that countrty. If you have AMEX it'll be accepted anywhere to set up the account (just make sure it's not linked to your US account), but others have found that a prepaid VISA and/or AMEX gift card will be accepted - Prime has no idea that's not your actual charge card. After that, you can download with impunity for the next month, including trying out the content on subscription channels using their free trials.

FWIW, I found Nord didn't work well - after 2 days I was locked out of Prime Canada altogether. But Express worked like a charm in the UK, Canada and Australia, both for Prime and Stan.
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 07-29-2024, 10:13 PM.

Comment

> So I know the vpns are working

This show only that an other country is detected.

But if Amazon detected an known VPN, you can't stream or dl anything
              Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service.
              Please disable it and try again
              Beware: Switching countries with one account usually doesn't work for long.

btw: Channels can only used with a local payment method​

Comment

Ok so I tried changing the location settings like you told me to, It does the analying, checking the meta data and stuff and still brings me back to amazon prime home page with no download window popping up. Oh and as far as primevideo is concerned, that always brings me back to the normal amazon homepage.I have no idea what to try anymore lol
                You need to set up a Prime account based in the country you're trying to download from - see the tips I listed above. I have yet to have any Prime account I set up in another country be blocked for VPN detection when downloading (except for the 2 days I initially used Nord, which is why I switched to Express - and my visiting account wasn't compromised.) I actually did this on a backup laptop so I could easily stay logged into whatever country's Prime site I was visiting, both for the browser and in SF - I think having a dedicated device avoided a lot of errors that switching back and forth would have otherwise given me.

I had no idea you were trying to use a US Prime account in your first comment or I would have told you that wouldn't work. If Prime Japan is the only source to download that video, make sure it's worth your while - you can still browse Prime Video to see what's on offer without having to set up an account.
                Last edited by artsunlimited; 07-30-2024, 12:12 AM.

Comment

I tried setting up a new prime account in the country the movie was in but it keeps asking me for a phone number. When I put my number in it just keeps saying this number is already in use.

Comment

I could now say that there are enough websites for "receiving sms online" ..
                    .. but either nothing comes up (virtually recognized) or already used too often.

That's why there are various paid providers just for this:
                    5sim.net, onlinesim.io, sms-activate.io, sms-man.com, PingMe ...​

Comment

I tried setting up a new prime account in the country the movie was in but it keeps asking me for a phone number. When I put my number in it just keeps saying this number is already in use.
                      That means the number is already associated with your US Prime account - you're going to need to remove it first, and don't use a landline in case they text you in order to authorize the account. Either that, or use another's phone number, i.e. someone whose phone you have access to, and who wouldn't be setting up an Amazon account any time soon.

This is why you don't use the same name, same email, same credit card, and same phone number that are already associated with an existing account - it's pretty basic. Delete the number and try again after a bit. When you're done downloading and you cancel your Prime trial in Japan or wherever, be sure to remove your phone number first - then you can add it back onto your US Prime account later.

Comment

im in uk and set up a us prime account , i pay using a gift card that i send from my uk account , 2 different emails are used i dont use mobile verification on my us account i deactivated it in my settings , currently paused my us account to wait on the coming holiday season when i will re activate it and also pay for channels mainly amc+ and mgm as have a us hulu that inc paramount max and have us peacock

Comment

Working...
                        X