Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is Streamfab going to refund & admit that they are completely inept at this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab General Query When is Streamfab going to refund & admit that they are completely inept at this?

This garbage-ass software is nothing but pure aggravation. And no, I don't mean the legit DRM issues that arise, I mean that it's just a slow, unstable, error-prone piece of shit at its very core, even when downloading unprotected content.

Anystream, just before they disappeared, could download any show in 5 minutes, tops. Boom, it was finished, and you could move on with your life. This feckless piece of horse manure needs 30 minutes to download, and then another 45 minutes of "processing", then another 30 minutes to "remux", and yet another 30 minutes to extricate its head out of its ass long enough to tell you it FAILED. And it seems to invent a brand new failure error on a daily basis. When it takes longer to download a show than to record it in real time, it kinda defeats the purpose. WTF is it doing for ALL of that time? Why is that necessary when I've seen it work in less than 5 minutes elsewhere? Not to mention that it crashes daily (often times, it's just been sitting dormant and isn't even in the middle of doing anything when it crashes), and needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled constantly because in addition to being poorly put together, it gets constipated easily no matter how often you clear the log and temp folder, delete cookies, or re-route to a brand new hard drive entirely.

Heaven forbid you try to submit a trouble ticket for any of this, because that is like trying to explain something to a child. They play 20 questions with you for days on end and ignore half of what you're explaining and screen-shotting for them, only for them to either blame your computer or say it's a DRM issue, even when I know good and goddamned well it is not a DRM issue. And then they push these bogus "updates" that allow you to use some piss-ant streaming service in Timbuktu with barely anything anybody watches without ever fixing much when it comes to the most common streaming services.

These people are frauds and are not acting in any good faith whatsoever with this buggy-ass dumpster fire they're peddling.

I can agree on the support being ass, but the software in its current state is working very well (for the most part) and the analyzing, the downloading and the processing is quite fast.

Comment

Originally posted by willthisthingeverwork View Post
      This garbage-ass software is nothing but pure aggravation. And no, I don't mean the legit DRM issues that arise, I mean that it's just a slow, unstable, error-prone piece of shit at its very core, even when downloading unprotected content.
      I am pretty sure DVDFab has a refund policy for new users such as you. You might just explore that option at this point.

I've been with DVDFab for 14 years and have no reason to ask for a refund. I had a lifetime license for the other product. It had issues from time-to-time. No product is perfect and I've generally had good support with DVDFab so no reason for me to kick up dust here.

Jeff​

Comment

It might help if you specify which streaming services are having the issues. The version you are using would also be helpful. I'm not sure if anyone can read logs uploaded but it can't hurt to upload the logs. It wouldn't hurt to look at antivirus and firewall settings.

I'm using 6.1.9.0 with Amazon, Disney+ and Paramount+ on Win11 with no issues (so far). I did have more issues when running Win7 however I didn't experience issues like this before the DRM debacle and after it was resolved. I will say I was as frustrated as you or possibly more the entire time the DRM issues were not addressed and I assure you quite vocal about it.

Normally I do not move to the next version unless that version directly addresses an issue I am having. I figure if it's not broken don't fix it.

Yes Anystream was faster and more efficient but the fact remains they are gone and likely gone for good along with the money spent.

If you've given up entirely there are a number of less expensive screen recorders out there that may be more efficient or stable than what you're seeing now. Some can download at 2X or near it.
        Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Mona, why would you approve a person with a name like that to be a member on the forum. It's obvious the direction the posts are going to go. Another thing that is obvious about this guy - PLBKAC.

Comment

Let the person go back to Anystream, lol. And good luck in getting money back from them because they only took crypto, which we can't get back.
            They have no plans to come back and on the off chance they do, they won't see money from me again, even if it will be via credit card.
            And after all the info came out they never cracked Amazon CDM they were using play ready api, shows how much BS they were flinging.
            I liked them at first too because, so many thought so highly of them but in the end the truth came out, and they could not even give Netflix older content at 1080p all content was locked at 540p. Meanwhile, I had to go back and forth to AS for Amazon and SF for Netflix in 1080p.
            And it was pointless for them to have the CW as there was much content As could not get from there, yet SF gets all from the CW.

One other thing with SF, yeah they may have money back option, but never heard of many getting it, but they take credit card so tell your credit card provider you're not getting what you paid for and dispute the charge.

I also wonder what type of computer you're using, as once SF went away again from Screen Recording I have never seen those issues, Amazon comes very quick along with Netflix, Tubi and Pluto. Now I do have to say Pluto has none DRM content so they may not qualify, but Tubi does. Most of Peacock is working, yes there are issues right now but hopefully will be fixed.
            Try other programs, see how fast they respond to tech support. None that I found even have a support forum like DVDfab does.
            I just got a response from another downloader/screen recorder, they have no plans to fix Peacock with series not downloading right, you're lucky if one at a time even works with them either.

Another great thing is SF does have the forum and people can b*itch and complain all in an open forum.
            Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

LOL, I want a "dislike" button...
              The DRM issues were tough, and stupid me followed the trend to go for AnyStream as it seemed the only way around screen recording. I bought my license despite being disappointed with the user interface - primitive with almost no options - not even the choice of bitrate to download, no indication of file size, a very limited file naming template, no forum, etc. Then SF all of a sudden was back and with it the comfort of downloading, for example, the desired bitrate. I don't miss AS. Annoyed that I spent money on it though, but hey, having SF back makes up for this.

Comment

AS did have a forum but it was not for the faint of heart. I can say one thing for certain, if the fist post there was akin to this one (showing your ass) retaliation would have been swift and painful.

I also invested in AS when SF showed no signs of digging itself out of the hole it was in and also lost money when AS vanished but it also gave me an alternative to supplant broken seemingly unrecoverable software (SF) albeit AS was rather limited in options and configuration.
                Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
                  I also wonder what type of computer you're using, as once SF went away again from Screen Recording I have never seen those issues, Amazon comes very quick along with Netflix, Tubi and Pluto. [...]
                  It's not so simple on this one. Amazon is quite fast but SkyShowtime and Disney+ are still very taxing - especially when it comes to the filesystem: SF creates literally thousands of temporary files for these and then joins them into the target file. Max on the other hand is constantly hanging during downloads and forcing restarts - you really need a lot of patience for this stuff.

Having a lot of RAM and not wanting my disks to degrade faster that it is needed, I've created a 48GB ramdisk and redirected most of the temp dirs there (via junctions) yet even after that it can still slow down all the other processes while downloading.

AS was better in this regard as it just created the target file and muxed everything into it on the fly - and was much more stable (it never ever crashed on me, also I haven't got a single 'bad' file from AS, while SF sometimes skips or truncates audio/video tracks with no message given - fortunately redownloading helps).

Well... 'was' is the key word there...

Comment

Blah blah blah blah.

2 months ago, I could download a 2hr movie in 5 minutes or a complete series overnight. Now everything everywhere takes an hour. Same internet speed, same computer, same keyboard, same RAM, same chair, same guy in between the keyboard and chair, just different software. Rationalize that.

The how and why of that happening isn't my job. I've already got a job in my field, so I can pay experts in this field to do this job. If it's capable of working 10 times faster with fewer failures, then it simply ought to.

And I already labored to explain what a joke the trouble ticket system here is, and that it invents a brand new error to blame constantly, no matter what source it is downloading from.​

I'm not just trolling. I'd be thrilled if this thing worked in any semblance of the speed and efficiency the other one did, and would be here singing its praises if it did just like I did on the AS forum. For all its "14 years" plus of experience, why shouldn't it? Throw stones at me all you want to; nobody is complaining that I did MY job several times slower with fewer results.

Comment

2 months ago - there were DRM problems still being sorted out. All your intangibles may be the same - but something other than StreamFab is your problem. No speed problems here with Netflix, Amazon, Max which are the main services I use. I also use AppleTV+, Disney, Hulu, Paramount, Peacock, Roku, Tubi, Pluto - and with the exception of the Peacock login problem that took months to fix (but was a mere annoyance that was easy to work around), pretty much never have a movie take more than a few minutes on any service - including 4K content off Max

Comment

First off, if "Blah blah blah blah" is not aimed at everyone it would be courteous to quote to whom you are responding. If this includes me kindly excuse the fuck out of me for trying to help. It won't happen again.

I and likely most others here don't bother with the ticket system any more save for forum or license issues. In my experience I get either canned replies or the occasional "We've let the developer know" but to their credit on one or two occasions did respond intelligently.

Since the DRM fix I've not had any issues with Amazon, D+ or P+.

Still no indication as to which streaming service(s), which StreamFab version, no error codes and no logs. No mention of firewall settings or antivirus issues.

Comment

Mona can you please close the topic

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                            Mona can you please close the topic
                            +1

The OP accomplished what they came for and a solution was not part of the equation. Anything more would likely be redundant.

Comment

Blah blah blah blah.
                              That's amazing! Those are the exact words that came to mind when I read your original post. What you describe is not a problem that anyone else has expressed here. Clearly you, your computer, or your Internet is messed up. How are you installing your updates? Did you install any "patches"? Being that you refuse to give us even a hint of which shows and/or modules you are talking about to aid in helping you to fix it, I, too, request that this topic be closed. I also request that management take a look to see if the OP is even a registered user, and delete him from the forum if he isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X