Selected 1080p H265, SDR, Atmos

Video #0 : HEVC at 6 959 kb/s
    Aspect : 1920 x 1038 (1.850) at 23.976 fps

Audio #0 : E-AC-3 JOC at 448 kb/s
    Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz

The Instigators
    Selected 4K, H265, DolbyVision, Atmos

Received

Video #0 : HEVC at 24.5 Mb/s Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU (DV only, no fall back to HDR10)
    ​Aspect : 3840 x 2076 (1.850) at 23.976 fps

Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz​

The Instigators
    Selected 4K, H265, HDR10+, Atmos

Received
    Video #0 : HEVC at 24.4 Mb/s SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
    Aspect : 3840 x 2076 (1.850) at 23.976 fps

Infos : 6 channels, 48.0 kHz​

================================================

I tried to download it but there's no option for a 1080 or 4K.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	448774

How did you get 1080 and 4K if it's not listed?

​​

Comment

I came across "green screens" as someone posted about it. So far episodes I've downloaded with green screens with 1080 HEVC Atmos...

Shining Girls - Episode 1
      The Shrink Next Door - Episode 3
      Lessons in Chemistry - Episode 7

Comment

Originally posted by mustangdmg View Post
        The Instigators
        I am also only offered SD - so the key for FHD is probably no longer valid ..
        all higher resolutions listed in log with: kid(00000000358e564a6335202020202020)

.. I already wrote in #24 that Apple is re-encoding

What do you want with encrypted 1080p without Key to decrypt?​

If you see "green screens" than the title can only be decrypted in SD

Comment

Originally posted by mustangdmg View Post
          I tried to download it but there's no option for a 1080 or 4K.

[screenshot removed for reply]

​​
          When I try today, 862x466 is the best resolution I can select, no matter what video codec I select.

So yeah, something more going on, outside of the StreamFab app on our computers.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            When I try today, 862x466 is the best resolution I can select, no matter what video codec I select.

So yeah, something more going on, outside of the StreamFab app on our computers.
            Apple has re-encoded - so Kid:Key changed and no more > SD offered

The new Kid start with 00000000358
            the new Kid from audio encoded Aug 14 in #24 start with 00000000357

I see in untouched audio from "The Instigators" Encoded date: 2024-08-16

Click image for larger version

Name:	atv_The Instigators_audio.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	448790

Comment

I am not having any luck with For All Mankind Season 4 episodes 8 & 10 getting them at 1080P or higher. All other episodes came down at 2160P.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                Apple has re-encoded - so Kid:Key changed and no more > SD offered

The new Kid start with 00000000358
                the new Kid from audio encoded Aug 14 in #24 start with 00000000357

I see in untouched audio from "The Instigators" Encoded date: 2024-08-16

Click image for larger version  Name:	atv_The Instigators_audio.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	448790
                What did you use to create that screen shot?

I'm curious, because MediaInfo shows the Encode date matching the File Created date from Windows. (Eastern is UTC-4, so 11:36am ET is 15:36 UTC)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	505
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	448804
                So it looks like in my case, the Encoded Date from MediaInfo is the remux being done via MKVMerge.

Comment

> What did you use to create that screen shot?

MPC-HC - my default player

This is untouched (ddl from apple manually from today not from Aug 16) and shows that apple re-encoded that, thats why the new key for >SD is unknown

Comment

> What did you use to create that screen shot?

MPC-HC - my default player
                    That appears to be giving the same stats as the stand alone MediaInfo app.

This is untouched (ddl from apple manually from today not from Aug 16) and shows that apple re-encoded that, thats why the new key for >SD is unknown
                    I was missing the reference to in the logs (StreamFab logs).

I don't know enough of about how SF downloads from AppleTV+ and I'm curious.

In my logs, I see mention of kid(00000000328d49596331202020202020) as well as kid(00000000355f86656335202020202020), kid(00000000328d49596335202020202020), and several others., as well as kid() for my downloads over the past few days and today. I'm assuming the kid() in the section where the resolutions and codecs are listed is why it can't download some of these resolutions?

Comment

> That appears to be giving the same stats as the stand alone MediaInfo app.

Correct it use MediaInfo.dll v24.6

A Kid (Key ID) contains a globally unique identifier (GUID) that
                      the client uses to ask the Server for a corresponding Key to decrypt

In simple terms, this is sent to the license server to request the appropriate key for decrypt.
                      With Apple, however, the clients only receive a key for SD and another key for audio.
                      SF therefore compares whether the appropriate key for >SD is stored in its database to enable dl >SD

Ergo: 3 different Keys - 1x Video SD, 1x Video >SD, 1x Audio (by Apple, other Provider use 1-5)
                      And after re-encoding by Apple a new Kid is generated and therefore a new Key to decrypt required.

Apple apparently does not use random KIDs but consecutive ones ..
                      .. the larger the number, the newer the file​

Comment

So is AppleTV working now? does "6.1.9.5" work?

Comment

Originally posted by nightwingken View Post
                          So is AppleTV working now? does "6.1.9.5" work?
                          For example, I repeated the test from #16
                          and no longer have any errors in the log

But testing Fraggles.s02e01 from #30 in >SD have same problem
                          Bad Request, code : 302​

Comment

Originally posted by superscorer3 View Post

Both the x86 and x64 were there so I just uninstalled them both.

I just uninstalled again with also wiping out configurations. Then I deleted folder as well. Reinstalled and seems to be working now. So far still not seeing any improvement in videos downloading in better quality though. Everything I have tried so far still only downloads in 480p from Apple. Not really worth it at that quality.
                            I had the same problem and complete uninstall and removal of settings and cache resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                              I am not having any luck with For All Mankind Season 4 episodes 8 & 10 getting them at 1080P or higher. All other episodes came down at 2160P.

Jeff
                              Update. Version 6.1.9.5 resolved the issues with these 2 Apple+ episodes and i was able to grab them at 2160P like the rest of the series.

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

I have tried to download The Instigators and Fancy Dance movies and never get any HD options. Using version 6.1.9.5. Anyone able to get HD downloads on those two movies?

Comment

Working...
                                X