Peacock+ failing to download "Homicide: Life on the Streets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock Peacock+ failing to download "Homicide: Life on the Streets"

"Homicide: Life on the Streets" was just added to Peacock+ today (8/19), so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. If so, is there a period of time it generally takes before a new show is available for download?

By the log file it appears to be the same issue as reported in Peacock still broken in 6.1.9.4 https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...9-4#post448594

Multiple retries often result in a successful download for me. Sometimes 2 or 4 tries but other times no success even with over a dozen retries.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Life on the street.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.5 KB ID:	448699

StreamFab.zip

Last edited by flylow+; 08-19-2024, 03:19 PM.

Comment

So odd I never have these issues

\Homicide_ Life on the Street\S01\Homicide_ Life on the Street_S01E02_A Ghost of a Chance.mkv
      Format : Matroska
      Format version : Version 4
      File size : 2.67 GiB
      Duration : 48 min 7 s
      Overall bit rate : 7 934 kb/s
      Frame rate : 23.976 FPS
      Movie name : A Ghost of a Chance
      Description : A victim's ghost helps Kay solve a frustrating case.
      Encoded date : 2024-08-19 15:25:37 UTC
      Writing application : mkvmerge v68.0.0 ('The Curtain') 64-bit
      Writing library : libebml v1.4.2 + libmatroska v1.6.4

Video
      ID : 1
      Format : AVC
      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
      Format profile : High@L4
      Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
      Format settings, CABAC : Yes
      Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
      Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=48
      Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
      Bit rate : 7 814 kb/s
      Width : 1 920 pixels
      Height : 1 080 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
      Frame rate mode : Constant
      Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
      Color space : YUV
      Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
      Bit depth : 8 bits
      Scan type : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.157
      Stream size : 2.62 GiB (98%)
      Writing library : x264 core 164 r3095 baee400
      Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=34 / lookahead_threads=5 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=48 / keyint_min=4 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=48 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=7814 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=11729 / vbv_bufsize=11729 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.41 / aq=1:1.00
      Default : Yes
      Forced : No
      Color range : Limited
      Color primaries : BT.709
      Transfer characteristics : BT.709
      Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
      ID : 2
      Format : AAC LC
      Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
      Codec ID : A_AAC-2
      Bit rate : 125 kb/s
      Channel(s) : 2 channels
      Channel layout : L R
      Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
      Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
      Compression mode : Lossy
      Stream size : 43.2 MiB (2%)
      Title : English
      Language : English

Text
      ID : 3
      Format : UTF-8
      Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
      Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
      Duration : 47 min 44 s
      Bit rate : 98 b/s
      Frame rate : 0.333 FPS
      Count of elements : 954
      Stream size : 34.5 KiB (0%)
      Title : English
      Language : English

Comment

Thanks. So far, I've managed to get 1 out of 5 based on first attempts. I'll see how it goes when retrying a failed attempt.

Comment

Download fine on my end.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

This is the first show where I have an issue with Peacock+.

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post
              This is the first show where I have an issue with Peacock+.
              Are you in the US?

Not everyone has the issue, seems like the issue might just affect certain geographic locations of the US.

Cats4U is in the US and reports when he uses a a VPN to connect to Boston he has no issues. I'm in Washington State and do not and never have used a proxy or VPN. IMO US residents should not have to use a proxy or VPN to download some, but not all, shows from Peacock. Peacock is currently available to stream within the United States and certain U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands).​
              Last edited by flylow+; 08-19-2024, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flylow+ View Post

Are you in the US?

Not everyone has the issue, seems like the issue might just affect certain geographic locations of the US.

Cats4U is in the US and reports when he uses a a VPN to connect to Boston he has no issues. I'm in Washington State and do not and never have used a proxy or VPN. IMO US residents should not have to use a proxy or VPN to download some, but not all, shows from Peacock. Peacock is currently available to stream within the United States and certain U.S. territories (American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands).​
                US, Maryland. No VPN or Proxy in use. Over the past few months, I've downloaded other things from Peacock with no issue. Just last week I downloaded basketball games from the Olympics just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by smithbrad View Post

US, Maryland. No VPN or Proxy in use. Over the past few months, I've downloaded other things from Peacock with no issue. Just last week I downloaded basketball games from the Olympics just fine.
                  I download a lot of stuff from Peacock without any issues, for me it's mostly MSNBC stuff that tends to have the issue but there has been a few others. Some report no issues at all with any of Peacock's shows.

For what it's worth, Streamfab support replied to my support ticket today and said they have recorded the problem and will solve it as soon as possible based on the information. I did send them the log file.
                  Last edited by flylow+; 08-19-2024, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X