Can't download from youtube movies and tv section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Movies Can't download from youtube movies and tv section

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues downloading free movies from youtube movie and tv section. I get an error stating it failed. I have an open ticket now but was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-28 093807.png
Views:	954
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	449377

If i buy a show from youtube, streamfab can't download it...i think it's because I can't log into youtube with streamfab...i tried closing all broswer windows after i was logged into youtube, as the streamfab instructions indicate, but youtube will still not accept the streamfab broswer for logging in...also sometimes streamfab will not download other youtube shows

Comment

Originally posted by jmvtev View Post
      I was wondering if anyone else is having issues downloading free movies from youtube movie and tv section. I get an error stating it failed. I have an open ticket now but was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-28 093807.png
Views:	954
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	449377
      It looks like it's trying to download something at 4320p I doubt that’s available.
      Try either Open-Video-Downloader, not my favorite or MediaDownloader, both are free and download most YouTube items simply using a GUI and ytdlp

If the stuff requires logging in, which I never try, then you need to open Chrome, logout out of youtube and log back in the browser. If logged in already log out and back in then try in Streamfab keeping Streamfab open the whole time.
      Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I apologize for not mentioning this. I tried 720 and 1080 with the same results. I was just trying to show the error I was getting. I will give your suggestion a shot. Thank you.

Comment

having issues downloading free movies from youtube movie and tv section
          .. I tried 720 and 1080 with the same results
          If I have read the link correctly .. it's "Jurassic Park"
          .. that it's not avaiable in all Countries (e.g. not in DE)
          and audio + video are DRM protected
          and no more than 1920x1080 with yt-dlp detected - try it self:
          Code:
          yt-dlp --allow-u -F https://youtu.be/SvuFy9dmVvU
          > was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem

see the same error here

I am not offered more than 480p in Chrome (without YT Premium and/or App):

Click image for larger version  Name:	yt_Jurassic_Park.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.5 KB ID:	449410
          ​​

Comment

I am able to download free movies using the VIP section's YoiuTube Movies downloader. It sometimes takes up to a minute to completely analyze the stream and it does not start until the first commercials are done with. This works for every free movie/show I have tried so far. I just downloaded Jurassic Park. I am using 6.1.9.5 and don't forget that you have to tell it to start analyzing when the down arrow in the bottom right corner of the program turns orange.
            With a standard web browser, YouTube restricts HD on their free stuff. The most you will get is 480p. If you want a higher resolution, you'll need to rent the video, although you can probably find it almost anywhere on the internet these days.
            -- radiah

Comment

Thanks radiah, This is what I get when trying your way. It stops analyzing Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-29 105858.png
Views:	651
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	449417and gives this error.
              I am not using any vpn and am connected to the internet.

Comment

Hi jmvtev, that's kinda perplexing. Honestly, I don't think a VPN would be causing this issue, and you are obviously connected to the internet. When you select the film to download, are you selecting it through the Your Movies and TV section of the main page? You can browse through there for free films. That always works for me. I also tried to download by just going to your provided URL, however in that instance the analysis never stopped. I hate to use the ubiquitous suggestion, but please do completely clear your SF cache and temp files as shown in multiple posts around the board. Hopefully clearing the cache and temp files pertinent to SF will help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                  I am not offered more than 480p in Chrome (without YT Premium and/or App)
                  Originally posted by radiah View Post
                  The most you will get is 480p. If you want a higher resolution, you'll need to rent the video
                  Thanks radiah, This is what I get when trying your way. It stops analyzing
                  Originally posted by radiah View Post
                  I also tried to download by just going to your provided URL, however in that instance the analysis never stopped.
                  I will definitely not rent it just for testing ..
                  .. but my analysis + download runs as offered to me in Chrome:

Selection:

Click image for larger version

Name:	yt_Jurassic_Park_selection.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	449420

Name:	yt_Jurassic_Park_downloaded.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	449421

-= click pic to enlarge =-

Comment

Maybe a location issue?
                    I tried and it just stays at analyzing.
                    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

I'm out of suggestions. I guess it could be a location issue. I am in the eastern US. Hopefully this can get solved, by someone with more knowledge than myself.

Comment

Thanks all for you suggestions. I'll post if tech support finds a solution.

Comment

Youtube has changed something and broken the YT Downloader.

I have a very similar error, (the resolution 4320 is from using "Best Quality" in the "URLs to download" window). My error is "failed to extract any player response;"

I will report it to the github URL listed in the error syntax.

All YT videos I try, fail Analyzing.

Alternately pasting a URL into the Address Bar launches the YouTube Downloader window and pressing the yellow button to download a video (when it is playing in the window) brings up the Alayzing window, which also fails with the following message: "Analyzing failed, please check your network connection". I can watch the videos in Chrome and Firefox browsers, so the network connection is working.

I just upgraded to SF ver 6197 (it was also failing in 6196) and the error persists.

On July 31, I used The YouTube Downloader in version 6189 to successfully download videos. Re-installing back to that old version now results in Analyzing failure with the same error as on the newer versions.
                          When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

The github suggests this is a DNS issue with the local system/network.

My system is configured to use 8.8.8.8 for DNS (Google's). It successfully resolves www.youtube.com

I'll wait for a response.
                            When breaking digital locks becomes outlawed, only outlaws will break digital locks...and watch movies in whatever format they want to, without annoying adverts and messages, etc.

Comment

I was wondering if anyone else is having issues downloading free movies from youtube movie and tv section. I get an error stating it failed.
                              Are you using the regular YouTube Downloader or are you using the YouTube Movie Downloader?

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-06 11.15.35 AM.png
Views:	415
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	449763 You should be using this.

Comment

Working...
                              X