No announcement yet.

StreamFab 6.1.9.6 is crashing about 1 min after launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows StreamFab 6.1.9.6 is crashing about 1 min after launch

I am not seeing any error message, just intense disk activity on my media library drive and then the application just disappears. I have tried rebooting and reinstalling (over the old installation - did not uninstall) but that had no impact.

My library is very large and on a USB-connected raid box if that is a factor.

This happened also with the previous version but when 6.1.9.6 came out it temporarily resolved the problem but it has returned.

This is the Windows Application error log entry of the crash (personal info edited out):

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Please let me know if more info is required.

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 9/4/2024 11:00:08 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: Application Crashing Events
    Level: Error
    Keywords:
    User: <edited out in public forum>
    Computer: <edited out in public forum>
    Description:
    Faulting application name: StreamFab64.exe, version: 6.1.9.6, time stamp: 0x66d16d12
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.3733, time stamp: 0x67ca8829
    Exception code: 0xc00000fd
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000044715
    Faulting process id: 0x0x47AB8
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DAFEDAE3D958DD
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\StreamFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: a6b2543e-4f8d-4d98-871f-d5b5ca25b764
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" Guid="{a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}" />
    <EventID>1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-09-04T15:00:08.6630138Z" />
    <EventRecordID>102708</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="287084" ThreadID="292420" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer><edited out in public forum></Computer>
    <Security UserID="<edited out in public forum>" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="AppName">StreamFab64.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="AppVersion">6.1.9.6</Data>
    <Data Name="AppTimeStamp">66d16d12</Data>
    <Data Name="ModuleName">ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data Name="ModuleVersion">10.0.22621.3733</Data>
    <Data Name="ModuleTimeStamp">67ca8829</Data>
    <Data Name="ExceptionCode">c00000fd</Data>
    <Data Name="FaultingOffset">0000000000044715</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessId">0x47ab8</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessCreationTime">0x1dafedae3d958dd</Data>
    <Data Name="AppPath">C:\Program Files\StreamFab\StreamFab\StreamFab64.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="ModulePath">C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data Name="IntegratorReportId">a6b2543e-4f8d-4d98-871f-d5b5ca25b764</Data>
    <Data Name="PackageFullName">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="PackageRelativeAppId">
    </Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>​

It's a stack overflow, but with the info given, there's not enough there to figure out what is causing it. It is definitely not ntdll.dll like it appears to be. Since no one else has reported any such thing, it's probably a problem with your computer. So, since you didn't bother to do a clean install, here are the instructions to do so.

How to do a clean install of the latest StreamFab

1. Totally delete the contents of your StreamFab Log & Temp directories. Please refer to your StreamFab Settings as to where you have told SF where to save them.

2. Use a "professional" uninstall program to completely remove the old version of StreamFab.
    Make sure the uninstaller removes Registry entries for StreamFab as well as the program.
    Do not use the built-in Windows uninstaller (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) as it tends to leave stuff behind.
    A good source for currently available free uninstallers is at https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninst...ograms-2625188 or simply Google "Uninstallers" for additional free and pay programs. Some commonly used uninstallers are Revo, Ashampoo, and Total Uninstaller. Right now, I prefer the Ashampoo - https://www.ashampoo.com/en-us/uninstaller-free. Revo sometimes makes you reboot your computer.
    Important: Be sure to choose to remove StreamFab's current configuration when asked.

3. Download the latest offline version of StreamFab from the "Sticky" announcement at the top of the forum. Otherwise just download directly from...
    32bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...reamFab_Online
    64bit version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64
    NEVER use the online pop-up installer as it often produces bad installs.

4. Install the new version of StreamFab.
    If the uninstall program you used has a Install component to it, use that to install StreamFab.
    Using the Install component will keep a complete log of everything added and make a future uninstall easier the next time. When the install is done, start up your new version of SF. A pop-up will appear asking you to re-authorize your StreamFab, do that by giving your email/password. Give your DVDFab email/password, not your forum email/password, if different.
    Then go up to the upper right of StreamFab's display and click the Settings icon and set up your StreamFab configuration to your liking. After setting up your configuration and saving, it is best to close StreamFab and then restart it.
    Do a clean install everytime a new StreamFab version comes out and you will have fewer problems.

Comment

Thank you. Will try that shortly.
      I just wanted to reach out with the error log before going through all of that in case you had a "known issue" answer in your pocket that made it unnecessary.

Will respond later with results.

Comment

Feenix you have a low post count. Is this a new install? Or was it working and you upgraded?

You have Windows, so I would advise you to check the default location for your StreamFab log, temp and output folders, and make sure they are not in your My Documents or other folder that might sync using Microsoft OneDrive.

Also, deleting the content of your Temp, Log and Output folders is a first step that could be tried before doing a clean install of StreamFab, although a clean uninstall/reinstall may be warranted.

You mention external USB connected Raid box. That could be a factor in slowing things down, but I'm not sure if it would cause StreamFab closing on its own.

Comment

KidJoe, thank you. I have had StreamFab since January and it has worked mostly since then. I just don't post much as long as things are working. I have just finished the uninstall and am about to reinstall. The StreamFab files were not in a syncing folder but I will make sure to never let that happen.

I do kind of wish I had tried the smaller hammer first but I'm down the road now so hopefully this will just take care of it without too much back-and-forth.
          I did have trouble deleting the log folder on step 1 because a file was locked by QCEF (after I had ended-task on StreamFab), for what that's worth. Once I terminated QCEF I was able to proceed.

The RAID has been working so far, I mentioned it in case the library had hit a terminal size limit or something like that.

Thank you.

Comment

Cats4U KidJoe So far so good, it has remained running long enough for me to set my preferences. I am sad that all of my scheduled shows are gone but most of them are off season anyway. Will slowly build them back up.

I haven't actually recorded anything yet but I have no doubt that will be fine.

Thank you for the help.

Comment

It's not unusual at all for QCEF to remain active if SF has improperly shut down. I don't think it was the cause of your crashing, but it most definitely could remain active as the result of a crash. It's a good idea to check your Windows Task Manager or some other Process Manager if you suspect QCEF is still running when StreamFab is not. You would then terminate that process. QCEF is basically SF's browser.
              Just my personal opinion - I'm not a big fan of scheduling massive amount of downloads in SF's download queue. I like to set up just what I want at that moment and come back and set up something else later. I believe you will have less trouble that way. Depending on the size of your queue, that could have been the cause of your stack overflow. In particular, Peacock files are very sensitive to wanting to be the first downloads in the queue. Placing another streamer ahead of Peacock in the queue will usually result in failures.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                I am sad that all of my scheduled shows are gone but most of them are off season anyway. Will slowly build them back up.
                they may not be gone. Check your Windows Task Scheduler. In the past, the few times I tried scheduled downloads, they were added to Windows Task Scheduler.

Now, if I'm mis-reading that, and you are meaning you have a lot of stuff you added to SF's download queue that you didn't get to start the download yet, then yes, those are lost and have to be re-queued for download.

Comment

KidJoe Now that you mention it I do see them in Windows Task Scheduler -- I just don't see them in the StreamFab "Scheduled" section. So this means they will still run? I just have to go to the Windows Task Scheduler to edit or remove them?

Is there any way to re-import them into StreamFab so they show up normally?

I don't think I would say there are a "lot" of things but there are several weekly shows in there, most of which are between seasons right now.
                  Nothing was currently in-queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenix View Post
                    KidJoe Now that you mention it I do see them in Windows Task Scheduler -- I just don't see them in the StreamFab "Scheduled" section. So this means they will still run? I just have to go to the Windows Task Scheduler to edit or remove them?

Is there any way to re-import them into StreamFab so they show up normally?
                    They will stay in Windows Task scheduler and should continue to run.

I am not aware of a way to re-import them back into StreamFab so they are also listed or even editable in StreamFab. You'd have to delete from Win Task Scheduler, then re-create in StreamFab, letting Fab re-populate Task Scheduler.

Comment

KidJoe On the subject of StreamFab entries in the Task Scheduler, do you have any way of identifying which show an entry corresponds to? Looking at the name of an entry I see what the source is (Peacock, Paramount+, etc) but after that is just apparent coded letters and numbers. I can see the dates and times but I didn't have the schedules recorded on the side anywhere so I can't rely on that to tell me which were which. I would like to remove duplicates from Windows Task Scheduler as I enter new ones that I notice aren't recording properly and on time. My alternative is to just clear all of them from Windows and treat it like they were all lost.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X