v6.1.9.7 Now TV - Failure starting download, please contact us for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOW v6.1.9.7 Now TV - Failure starting download, please contact us for help

Trying the new Now TV module, trying to download the latest season of The Rookie. Title analyzes and adds to the download list, but when I start download I get message -
    Failure starting download, please contact us for help

Logs and screenshot attached
    Attached Files

I never used Now TV - without account I can't test or compare .. I see in log:
    Code:
    [Info]: "[DownloadControlNowTv]" **** Play ID invalid
    .. ErrorCode :800 - Failure starting download, please contact us for help
    "[NowTv]" NowTv Download, record start, setUserInfo failed
    I find this particularly striking: Play ID invalid + setUserInfo failed

Can you download older seasons or other series?

Possibly this user could test "The Rookie.s06":
    Originally posted by Jenobi View Post
    there is a new Now TV downloader, but it can only download up to 720p.

Comment

Germania, you need to @ me to "summon" me to a post, it was just luck that I happened to see this.

Well, I just tried the new module myself, firstly I tried to download The Sopranos S1 E1, and that started downloading fine.

Then I went to The Rookie and tried the latest season Episode 1, and got the same message as steamheaduk: "Failure starting download, please contact us for help."

I only signed up to Now TV for a month, and so far I hate it as a platform. It's very difficult to even navigate between different pages, it loads a tonne of crap in the background, and they are constantly trying to upsell their other packages to you. Also every time I try to access their site I usually end up having to login again. I strongly suspect that while StreamFab have sorted out the analysis and decryption, they haven't quite nailed whatever else is going on on the site. This could of course be me talking complete crap and I'd like to hear what SF have to say on the matter.

Comment

> it loads a tonne of crap in the background

I had also wondered what kind of domains are in qef.log

analytics.tiktok.com, bing, contentsquare, demdex, doubleclick, facebook, pinterest, reddit, snapchat ...​

Comment

I also tried to download an episode of Babylon Berlin, and that came up with the same error as The Rookie.

I think what's happening is there are different protections (encryption, DRM license acquisition methods etc.) on Now TV. This is certainly the case with JioCinema in India, which coincidentally is also a pile of crap, but which coincidentally also has the HBO catalogue.

From the looks of things StreamFab have focused only on cracking HBO titles, which let's be honest is the only reason anyone in their right mind would sign up to Now TV in the first place. Neither The Rookie nor Babylon Berlin are HBO titles, so each will have a different protection. That's what I think is going on here.

Comment

Working...
          X