free blu ray player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

free blu ray player

Looking for some free software to play blu rays.

The only one that i know of is DAPlayer http://www.digiarty.com/, it works well but deleting the program is a real nightmare as i had to manually remove every registry entry.
    Good idea is to make a restore point before installing.

Comment

Originally posted by craigb View Post
      The only one that i know of is DAPlayer http://www.digiarty.com/, it works well but deleting the program is a real nightmare as i had to manually remove every registry entry.
      Good idea is to make a restore point before installing.
      Why did you feel the need to delete it?

Comment

I was just trying out the software for a friend who was also looking for a free bluray player, i already have TMT 5 as my player but DAPlayer was still a nice bit of software so i did end up installing it on to my friends system and she's happy with it

Comment

I was just trying out the software for a friend who was also looking for a free bluray player, i already have TMT 5 as my player but DAPlayer was still a nice bit of software so i did end up installing it on to my friends system and she's happy with it
          Ha!! I can't even get it to play the store bought blu ray of Avatar. It keeps giving me an error message.

Comment

All i can say is contact the developers at digiarty, might be something simple like the firmware for your drive needs updating, not sure if it requires the latest redistributible package or not but it worked on my system and its working on my friends system.
            I dont think there is any other company that supplies free bluray software so if you have no luck with it you might have to dig into your pockets.
            Found another one but iv not tried it http://www.spgsoft.com/blu-ray-player.html
            Last edited by craigb; 06-24-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

All i can say is contact the developers at digiarty, might be something simple like the firmware for your drive needs updating, not sure if it requires the latest redistributible package or not but it worked on my system and its working on my friends system.
              I dont think there is any other company that supplies free bluray software so if you have no luck with it you might have to dig into your pockets.
              Found another one but iv not tried it http://www.spgsoft.com/blu-ray-player.html
              I don't mind spending money for what I want/need but I hate wasting it. It seems that every time I buy software I immediately find a free equivalent. I got Power DVD 8 with my drive but the installer didn't tell me it was a timed version and it expired before I used it. They want $89 for a license. I hope I can do better.

Comment

ram 1009,
                Keep looking at the Arcsoft website, on occasions you can get a huge discount. As the amount off varies from time to time it's worth looking at it every week.

TMT 5 is very good, especially if you can get it cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by voxsmart View Post
                  ram 1009,
                  Keep looking at the Arcsoft website, on occasions you can get a huge discount. As the amount off varies from time to time it's worth looking at it every week.

TMT 5 is very good, especially if you can get it cheap.
                  Agreed, i find that TMT have one of if not the best player around.
                  Its about $90.00 dollars at the moment but i managed to get version 5 earlyer this year for $30.00 so it does pay to keep checking there site.

Comment

Agreed, i find that TMT have one of if not the best player around.
                    Its about $90.00 dollars at the moment but i managed to get version 5 earlyer this year for $30.00 so it does pay to keep checking there site.
                    I'll keep an eye on it. Right now TMT 5 is $99.99. I had been considering NERO 10. Any opinions?

Comment

Nero may be OK, I've never used it myself, but friends have mixed feelings about Nero and if you buy that, you may well be reluctant to get TMT 5 at a later date.
                      I hung on for just a few weeks and IIRC paid around $30 also. this was during a US national holiday period, so maybe that's a good time to look. It was well worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by voxsmart View Post
                        Nero may be OK, I've never used it myself, but friends have mixed feelings about Nero and if you buy that, you may well be reluctant to get TMT 5 at a later date.
                        I hung on for just a few weeks and IIRC paid around $30 also. this was during a US national holiday period, so maybe that's a good time to look. It was well worth the wait.
                        I have Nero 9 and so I would get a discount on an upgrade and I'm familiar with Nero. Also you get a whole suite of software some of which is actually useful. Thanks for the holidy tip.

Comment

You could try these free players:
                          - VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)
                          - Media Player Classic (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/)
                          Both have their drawbacks though. VLC will only play a single *.m2ts file at the time, so it can't play a seamless branching movie consisting of multiple *.m2ts files. Media Player Classic enables you to play the whole seamless branching movie, but will not display the overlayed subtitles that are present in the movie.
                          I have both installed on my laptop (with a blu-ray burner) to test backups and play other media types, but use the 'free' (OEM) blu-ray enabled version of Corel WinDVD 2010 that came with the laptop for playing and testing blu-ray content most of the time.
                          Last edited by vtpeters; 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vtpeters View Post
                            You could try these free players:
                            - VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)
                            - Media Player Classic (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/)
                            Both have their drawbacks though. VLC will only play a single *.m2ts file at the time, so it can't play a seamless branching movie consisting of multiple *.m2ts files. Media Player Classic enables you to play the whole seamless branching movie, but will not display the overlayed subtitles that are present in the movie.
                            I have both installed on my laptop (with a blu-ray burner) to test backups and play other media types, but use the 'free' (OEM) blu-ray enabled version of Corel WinDVD 2010 that came with the laptop for playing and testing blu-ray content most of the time.
                            Sorry but I'm completely ignorant of blu ray structure at this point. I've used VLC for years but didn't think it would handle BR. Just now I right clicked on the .mt2s file created by FAB and to my surprise it played well using VLC although it didn't handle sub titles well which is important to me because my hearing sucks. Anyway, I've pretty much decided that the extra quality isn't worth five times the disk space plus all the hassle with Cinavia. If BR becomes the dominant format I will get more involved. Thanks for the post.

Comment

ram1009;

Media player classic will play subtitles in movies that do not involve seamless branching like the extended version of Blu-ray AVATAR a seamless branching movie did not play the subtitles properly but the origional release of Blu-ray AVATAR played well with subtitles useing Media Player Classic. Allso the sound track in the extended 3 hour AVATAR wasn't syncronized with the video, started out ok but soon the audio was behind the video. In most Blu-ray movies the audio was as it should be useing Medic Player Classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X