Micca EP600 Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other 3rd Party Micca EP600 Media Player

I originally bought this media player based on recommendations from this forum to get around Cinavia issue.

Players has worked fine for two years but now it is randomly not recognizing the usb external hard drive where I store my ".ISO files. I have two WD 2tb external usb drives and have the same problem with both. Sometimes it recognizes the drive. Sometimes not. Restarting the player does not solve the issue.

I think it is discontinued, so no help from Micca.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

try updating the usb drivers.

Comment

Sorry to be dense but I have no idea how to update the usb drivers on the media player and the WDdrives work fine when connected to my PC?

Comment

hit start - right click on computer - click properties - device manager -
        click either disc drives or usb storage find your Micca EP600 Media Player
        click driver and update driver.

Comment

The Micca is a self-contained media player like a dvd player and not part of the computer.
          Have you tried a thumb drive to see if the socket (port) is going south on you?
          Last edited by 90312; 03-01-2016, 03:58 AM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I checked with a thumb drive and it is fine in both sockets. Problem is with the WD drive connection. Sometimes they are recognized, sometimes not.

The player is not connected to my computer so there are no drivers to update.

Is there any way to reset the Micca?

Comment

Originally posted by sauranan View Post
              Yes I checked with a thumb drive and it is fine in both sockets. Problem is with the WD drive connection. Sometimes they are recognized, sometimes not.

The player is not connected to my computer so there are no drivers to update.

Is there any way to reset the Micca?
              on the back of the unit between the HDMI port and the AC adapter port
              there should be a reset button. use a paperclip to hold the button in
              to factory reset. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzsM9KirTy4
              Last edited by october262; 03-01-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

You can flash new or old software on the micca you get these from the micca web page but i would try to go back in time with windows system restore no a earlier restore point and see if that does the trick. The micca puts a small file on your ubs drive if you deleted it could be the reason just remember when using system restore in windows to update all your files and added software from the restore point where everything was working to present including updates for all security programs.System restore is fully reversible to present state and no harm can be done.The resent button is used to add a new software version or a older version of software its flashable both ways to a older or newer software version and their are about 6 versions for your model.

Comment

Working...
                X