First impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First impressions

So, i tried the trial of Unifab. Looks nice, and as a first version its good and has a nice set of options. It was easy enough to do some video-trimming/cutting. But it would have been better with some 'next/previous frame'-button in addition to h-m-s-ms..
    Direct frame copy instead of recompression is also a feature that could come in handy.., and as it seems to be recompressing everything, i couldnt see why it didnt appear to be frame-accurate in the cut out/cut ins.
    Well, its just my first thoughts/feedback on the product

Thanks for posting, I have passed your feedback to the product manager.

Comment

I tested it too. I like it very much and I would buy it immediately. But converting an mkv file to 4K UHD with the option to sharpen the image in around 14 hours is way too long. With my PC, DaVinci Resolve Vers. 18 takes just 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Comment

...and I would be very interested in the HDR function, but I think it is still inactive at the moment.

Comment

Hello DVDFab team, the program is really well done. Unfortunately, as soon as an "effect" is used, the processing time is incredibly long. Too long! E.g. same movie, with another known software about 1 hour and 15 minutes. At UniFab, again the same film with the "effect" sharpening and from HD 1080p to 4K UHD, about 14 hours. This is definitely too long! I would be happy if this is still being worked on, because I'm really looking forward to this program.

Comment

Just some feedback. The compression worked fine. I was using Wondershare Uniconverter to compress the files before, until I ran into a problem. After compression the MOV_TEXT in the subtiles was missing. I really needed this it was the easiest to pick and use in PLEX. I tried the UniFab it has the same problem, It removes the MOV_TEXT. I was really hoping this would work. I wanted to buy it if it did. I need to compress my library, but not lose the MOV_TEXT in PLEX so I can see what is being said because of my hearing is not so good. Hope this is something, that could be fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X