Unifab processing slow, despite high end PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unifab processing slow, despite high end PC

Disney+ only does 720p download on StreamFab. No prob. Get UniFab to upscale 720p to 1080p afterwards.
    Took about 30 hours to upscale for a Disney+ American Horror Story episode. I chose max settings.
    My new PC is very good. Recent high end CPU. 16GB 4080 NVidia video card.
    UniFab says video GPU is better than CPU, so I chose GPU.
    Processing said CPU 2% and GPU 0%.
    What might I be doing wrong for the video card GPU to be 0% and for the processing to take so long?
    I get that choosing the most demanding settings means upscaling takes longer than with less demanding settings, but why GPU 0% and taking so long?

Please zip the whole log folder and send it to us to look into it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please zip the whole log folder and send it to us to look into it. Thank you.
      Thanks Mona.
      Attached is my zipped UniFab Log folder.
      I hope it provides a clue as to why my NVIDIA 4080 GPU doesn't appear to be engaged to speed up upscaling a 720p TV series episode to 1080p and why the upscaling took so long (30 hours).
      Cheers, John​
      Attached Files

Comment

The developer will check the log files.

Comment

The developer will check the log files.
          Thanks again, Mona. Fingers crossed that there will be a useful answer.

Comment

Originally posted by John down under View Post

Thanks again, Mona. Fingers crossed that there will be a useful answer.

The developer said that we currently do not support the NVIDIA 4080 GPU well, sorry for that.
            For the speed of AI enlarge/upscale, it's basically of the same level as other similar AI software. It could be faster if use Audio AI Only first. We will release new versions in the future to support this video card better, however, the speed of video AI may not have much difference.

Comment

The developer said that we currently do not support the NVIDIA 4080 GPU well, sorry for that.
              For the speed of AI enlarge/upscale, it's basically of the same level as other similar AI software. It could be faster if use Audio AI Only first. We will release new versions in the future to support this video card better, however, the speed of video AI may not have much difference.
              Thanks, Mona. Not the news I was hoping for, but good to know. I want the upscaling to work well for bigger and better video. Audio isn't enough.
              Next time, I'll try choosing CPU instead of GPU for UniFab AI upscaling and see what happens.
              30 hours is way too long, especially when I'm upscaling Disney+ 720p TV series. If there are say 10 episodes in each season, that means 10 x 30 = 300 hours (at least 12 days!) for each season.
              Cheers, John

Comment

What video GPU works best to boost UniFab? You said NVidia 4080 GPU doesnt' work with UniFab.
                I tried upscaling the same Disney+ 720p mp4 video file as last time using my slightly older PC. Its CPU isn't as powerful as my new one. Its video card uses NVIDIA 2060 Super GPU and 8GB RAM rather than the NVidia RTX 4080 GPU and 16GB RAM.
                I kept the GPU option turned on and ran AI enlarger. I was encouraged when the CPU graph showed more than the 2% that the newer PC did, and GPU showed a high % instead of nothing. However, it was false hope and the process was much slower. Instead of 30 hours on my new PC (a bit more than 3% of the final result per hr), it was on track for 100+ hours (only about 1% of the final result per hr).
                Apart from googling and / or posting in these forums to ask, how do I find the best video card / NVIDIA GPU option to run UniFab as fast as possible?

Comment

Working...
                X