Compressor fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressor fails

For some reason, the UniFab 1.0.2.1 compressor started failing. I don't know why. Including the log files. Log.zip

Note, this happened on two of the files and appeared to be starting the same problem on a third. All were files that I had downloaded with MakeMKV from BlueRay discs. The next file was downloaded with StreamFab and it appeared to have no problems (this was not captured in the attached Log file).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TomdeOldMan; 06-19-2023, 11:54 PM.

I will get the developers to check your log file first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      I will get the developers to check your log file first.
      I was hoping that the problem was associated with the MakeMKV files, but that isn't the case. I used DVDFab to produce the same files and they all failed with the latest UniFab release (1.0.2.2). So something about the files caused UniFab to fail. There are now four files involved -- Here's the log file. UniFab.log
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post

I was hoping that the problem was associated with the MakeMKV files, but that isn't the case. I used DVDFab to produce the same files and they all failed with the latest UniFab release (1.0.2.2). So something about the files caused UniFab to fail. There are now four files involved -- Here's the log file. UniFab.log
        I've passed the updated info to the developer team.

Comment

The QA staff said that he could not duplicate the problem, how about you send one of the problematic video sources to us? Please check PM too, thanks.

Comment

The QA staff said that he could not duplicate the problem, how about you send one of the problematic video sources to us? Please check PM too, thanks.
            Okay. I'm sending two files -- Maverick.mkv and the other is Muppet Treasure Island.mkv -- Muppet Treasure Island was on the same Blu-ray disc as The Great Muppet Capter, which had no problem being compressed. Right now, Filezilla is reporting that it will take about 15 hours to complete the uploads. I don't have good upload speed, so that isn't surprising.

Comment

Okay. I'm sending two files -- Maverick.mkv and the other is Muppet Treasure Island.mkv -- Muppet Treasure Island was on the same Blu-ray disc as The Great Muppet Capter, which had no problem being compressed. Right now, Filezilla is reporting that it will take about 15 hours to complete the uploads. I don't have good upload speed, so that isn't surprising.
              Okay, the uploads are complete. Marverick.mkv is the first. And Muppet Treasure Island.mkv is the second. The reason I included Muppet Treasure Island.mkv is because it was on the same blu-ray disc as The Great Muppet Caper and that file compressed with no problems with UniFab.

Comment

Okay, the uploads are complete. Marverick.mkv is the first. And Muppet Treasure Island.mkv is the second. The reason I included Muppet Treasure Island.mkv is because it was on the same blu-ray disc as The Great Muppet Caper and that file compressed with no problems with UniFab.
                Thanks,we will download and check as soon as possible.

Comment

The QA team tested this one Marverick.mkv with v1023 and it worked well. Please kindly use the latest version to try it again, thanks.

Comment

The QA team tested this one Marverick.mkv with v1023 and it worked well. Please kindly use the latest version to try it again, thanks.
                    Something is definitely going on. I cleaned out the logs, the converted files, and rebooted the computer. Then I pulled in Maverick.mkv and did not change any of the format, so the system was at the default of MP4.

I started the compression and the system hung at .83%. After the screen shot, I checked and the system had gone to over 400 hours!

Click image for larger version

Name:	After Loading Maverick.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	427423

Name:	Stuck at .83% Processing -- note time remaining and speed.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	427422
                    Next I decided to change the format to .MKV and started the conversion and the system suddenly worked! Here's the log from when I had cleared everything out and then worked through the failure and now toward the end of a successful run. [ATTACH]n427424[/ATTACH]

I'm going to uninstall UniFab, clear out all the files associated with the download and then reboot and reinstall UniFab. I'll let you know how this worked for all four of the failed files.

Comment

I'm going to uninstall UniFab, clear out all the files associated with the download and then reboot and reinstall UniFab. I'll let you know how this worked for all four of the failed files.
                      I did the uninstall, rebooted, installed from a fresh download (not an update) from the site, and installed. Then rebooted.

Added Maverick.mkv and left the format at the default .mp4. Then started the compression.

Name:	After Loading Maverick.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	427431

I let it play out to the end when it just stopped doing anything. Only got to .83%. Note the time left.

Name:	Stuck at .83% Processing -- note time remaining and speed.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	427433

I then converted to .mkv

Name:	Changed format to MKV.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	427432
                      And let it play out after stalling at 12% conversion.

Name:	Stuck at .12% processing.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	427434

Note that this was from a fresh install from the downloaded unifab_x64_1023,exe file. (Log file in next message)

What I had done before was that I was working with an updated 1-23 install from v 1022. That's when I got the strange behavior reported in my previous entry. When I went to clean out all the files before starting the above procedure, I noticed that the "compressed" Maverick.mkv was not compressed, but the same size as the original.

Next, I'm going to clean everything out again, install 1022 and do a compression, then update to 1023 and see if that will resolve the problem that I had with a full install that I used here.

Comment

Here's the log file: UniFab.log

Comment

Here's the log file: [ATTACH]n427436[/ATTACH]
                          Okay, installing 1022 and then doing a couple of compressed files (downloaded via StreamFab) successfully, then attempting Maverick.mkv first to .mp4 and then to .mkv (both unsuccessful).

I went ahead and did the update to 1023, then attempted Maverick.mkv first to mp4 then to mkv and with no success. The fails were the same as with the full install to 1023.

This is all on an up to date Windows 10 computer.

Have your engineer do a complete uninstall for UniFab, clear out the logs, temp files, and converted files. Then reboot the Windows 10 computer.

Now install 1023 from the off-line installation file.

Attempt the compression of Maverick.mkv to an mkv file. and if it goes well, then there has to be a problem with the four files and my Windows 10 computer.

Comment

OK. I will let you know what happens once there is another update from the developers.

Comment

OK. I will let you know what happens once there is another update from the developers.
                              That's fine, but they now need to test with a clean install of 1.0.2.4. The problem still exists.

Comment

Working...
                              X