Compressor fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressor fails UF 1025

Conversion does not fail, but makes a mess of things. Projected size and actual size are very different. Plus, the system does not seem to know where to put the output of the conversion. More on this in detail later as I have time to actually go through and document things.

Note that the Windows 10 machine I am using does not have a graphics card that is recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by TomdeOldMan View Post
      Compressor fails UF 1025

Conversion does not fail, but makes a mess of things. Projected size and actual size are very different. Plus, the system does not seem to know where to put the output of the conversion. More on this in detail later as I have time to actually go through and document things.

Note that the Windows 10 machine I am using does not have a graphics card that is recognized.
      The problem with not knowing where to put the results is the fact that the settings include an ability to set an output path:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	UniFab Settings output path.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	428554
      I had previously set the Save To for the Compressor:

Name:	UniFab Save To (previously set several versions ago).jpg
Views:	155
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	428552
      But even though I changed the setting in settings, the Converter did not change its setting.

Name:	UniFab Save To (for converter).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	428553
      Either fix the Save To to follow the Output File in Settings, or something. The two should echo each other, not fail to work as set in settings like it did for me.

This needs to be addressed as badly as the problem converting the four mkv files produced from blu-ray discs.

Comment

The problem with not knowing where to put the results is the fact that the settings include an ability to set an output path:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	UniFab Settings output path.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	428554
        I had previously set the Save To for the Compressor:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	UniFab Save To (previously set several versions ago).jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.2 KB ID:	428552
        But even though I changed the setting in settings, the Converter did not change its setting.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	UniFab Save To (for converter).jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	428553
        Either fix the Save To to follow the Output File in Settings, or something. The two should echo each other, not fail to work as set in settings like it did for me.

This needs to be addressed as badly as the problem converting the four mkv files produced from blu-ray discs.
        The developer will check the problem as soon as possible.

Comment

I did the uninstall, rebooted, installed from a fresh download (not an update) from the site, and installed. Then rebooted.

Added Maverick.mkv and left the format at the default .mp4. Then started the compression.

Name:	After Loading Maverick.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	427431

I let it play out to the end when it just stopped doing anything. Only got to .83%. Note the time left.

Name:	Stuck at .83% Processing -- note time remaining and speed.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	427433

I then converted to .mkv

Name:	Changed format to MKV.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	427432
          And let it play out after stalling at 12% conversion.

Name:	Stuck at .12% processing.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	427434

Note that this was from a fresh install from the downloaded unifab_x64_1023,exe file. (Log file in next message)

What I had done before was that I was working with an updated 1-23 install from v 1022. That's when I got the strange behavior reported in my previous entry. When I went to clean out all the files before starting the above procedure, I noticed that the "compressed" Maverick.mkv was not compressed, but the same size as the original.

Next, I'm going to clean everything out again, install 1022 and do a compression, then update to 1023 and see if that will resolve the problem that I had with a full install that I used here.
          The latest update (UF 1030) appears to have resolved this particular problem. All four MKV files from Blu-Ray discs now compress with no problems noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

The developer will check the problem as soon as possible.
            The latest update hasn't addressed this problem. The location in settings, when changed, should override individual screens. It doesn't.

Comment

The latest update hasn't addressed this problem. The location in settings, when changed, should override individual screens. It doesn't.
              This one has not been fixed yet.

Comment

Working...
              X