Converter much slower than DVDFab 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter much slower than DVDFab 12

DVDFab 13 looks nice, as well as UniFab.

However, the conversion\compressor in UniFab 2 appears to take much longer than the converter in DVDFab 12. The conversion in 12 takes approx 6 min, whereas in UniFab it appears to take hours. The GPU load in 12 is around 60%, in UniFab it is around 1%.

So I'm keeping 12 for now until UniFab has has matured.
    Last edited by DoctorJellybean; 10-14-2023, 03:18 PM.

Have you checked the UniFab GPU setting? I have not seen the same problem you report. When both DVDFab and UniFab are using my AMD GPU, Unifab Converter is at least as fast as DVDFab 12.

The same does not apply to Compressor - my first test with that seems to show big problems with slowdown, even though is hows 60% GPU use.

Same file, same settings, Converter takes less than 3 minutes, Compressor about 15 minutes. But I'm still not sure of what I am seeing. That first test was with MP4 output format, and I am now re-running the same Compressor job with MKV output, and it is running very fast. No way of knowing yet if that first test job was just a fluke, or these numbers will change at random. So far, I think this UniFab product is a terrible unstable mess!

Just for comparison, I have now run 4 tasks in Unifab with this same input file, and 3 of them have run in about 2:45. Now running same task in DVDFab12, and it is running about twice as lone (5 minutes +). So on this computer, UniFab seems much faster, but it has shown a LOT of problems so far, including output files that will not play properly on my TV (still testing that).
    Last edited by Mauser; 10-14-2023, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I'm keeping 12 for now too, but I didn't experience that particular problem. Unifab works fine for me, about the same speed as 12. My issue is that when I change the settings "Apply to all" doesn't work, which is in another thread. For any one file the conversion goes fine, I'm using H265 and CRF 30. Oh, and I'm using hardware encoding. is the CPU load high, as in software encoding? "Hours" sounds too long for even software encoding, except for Video Enlarger AI, but it doesn't seem likely that got turned on by mistake and it wouldn't explain the low GPU load.
      Last edited by wyhtmgm; 10-14-2023, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Guess I can install UniFab again and check my settings. Watch this space for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser View Post
          Have you checked the UniFab GPU setting? I have not seen the same problem you report. When both DVDFab and UniFab are using my AMD GPU, Unifab Converter is at least as fast as DVDFab 12.

The same does not apply to Compressor - my first test with that seems to show big problems with slowdown, even though is hows 60% GPU use.

Same file, same settings, Converter takes less than 3 minutes, Compressor about 15 minutes. But I'm still not sure of what I am seeing. That first test was with MP4 output format, and I am now re-running the same Compressor job with MKV output, and it is running very fast. No way of knowing yet if that first test job was just a fluke, or these numbers will change at random. So far, I think this UniFab product is a terrible unstable mess!

Just for comparison, I have now run 4 tasks in Unifab with this same input file, and 3 of them have run in about 2:45. Now running same task in DVDFab12, and it is running about twice as lone (5 minutes +). So on this computer, UniFab seems much faster, but it has shown a LOT of problems so far, including output files that will not play properly on my TV (still testing that).
          Attached are my screenshots. As you can see, it sees my GTX 1080 Ti, and yet the GPU usage is around 1 - 2%. In DVDFab it is around 60%.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yep, There was a big problem in DVDFab 12 with using the AMD GPU, but that is fixed now for me. Unfortunately, it looks like they just screwed up your GPU by fixing my problem.

Comment

Working...
            X