2.0.0.6 Enlarger 17 hours slower than previous build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.0.0.6 Enlarger 17 hours slower than previous build

I downloaded the latest UniFab 2.0.0.6 release that is supposed to be faster. I've been using the Enlarger for almost 2 months to do 1x enhancements to 45 minute SD videos. Under the previous builds, they have all been taking 8.5-9hrs to complete. I just did one on the previous build yesterday and it took 8.5 hours. The same exact video I did yesterday is now saying it's going to take almost 26 hours in UniFab 2.0.0.6. (see attachment) Please help!

System:
    i9-9900k
    2TB Gen 3 NVME storage
    64GB RAM
    NVIDIA GTX 1650
    Attached Files

Forgot to upload this in original post above
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi johnnydollar79​,

Please zip the entire log folder.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	251
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	434126

Comment

I'm sorry, but that's all I have now. I deleted UniFab from my computer and then used extended download service to go back to version 2.0.0.5. That version is working just fine for me. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about this though.

Comment

Most people using Unifab have better equipment than you do. I can take a 480p video from Apple and upscale it to 1080 with great audio in less than 2 hours. Even that is to long. But you need the correct equipment.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            Most people using Unifab have better equipment than you do. I can take a 480p video from Apple and upscale it to 1080 with great audio in less than 2 hours. Even that is to long. But you need the correct equipment.
            The only part of my equipment that isn't the best is my graphics card. An intel i9-9900k is smokin fast, plus 64GB RAM, & NVME storage. Are you talking specifically about my graphics card, because my "equipment" is great.

Comment

The below took about an hour and a half.

Name:	Unifab.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	434169

Comment

The below took about an hour and a half.

Name:	Unifab.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	434169
                So is it my graphics card? My i9-9900k was top of the line 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnydollar79 View Post

The only part of my equipment that isn't the best is my graphics card. An intel i9-9900k is smokin fast, plus 64GB RAM, & NVME storage. Are you talking specifically about my graphics card, because my "equipment" is great.
                  First of all your video card is so old I don't even know if anyone would buy it on eBay. That's what does all the work. The NVENC.dll, your SSD is Gen 3, even Gen 4 is almost outdated now. And the 9900K chip, is all but garbage.
                  You need a minimum of a 12700K processor
                  3080Ti Video Card
                  Gen 4 SSD- Sony 990Pro
                  64Gbs of DDR 5 Ram
                  and a kick-ass motherboard
                  You are trying to run a race with boots on instead of sneakers.

The 9900K came out in 2018 and is almost 6 years old, in computer time, that's 6 lifetimes.

Last edited by Chameleon; 12-15-2023, 12:48 AM.

Comment

First of all your video card is so old I don't even know if anyone would buy it on eBay. That's what does all the work. The NVENC.dll, your SSD is Gen 3, even Gen 4 is almost outdated now. And the 9900K chip, is all but garbage.
                    You need a minimum of a 12700K processor
                    3080Ti Video Card
                    Gen 4 SSD- Sony 990Pro
                    64Gbs of DDR 5 Ram
                    and a kick-ass motherboard
                    You are trying to run a race with boots on instead of sneakers.

The 9900K came out in 2018 and is almost 6 years old, in computer time, that's 6 lifetimes.
                    I agree with you only about the graphics card, but the rest of what you say tells me that you aren't an expert computer technician. My PC was built with personal guidance from Carey Holzman who is also well known on YouTube for his expertise and has decades of experience. Anyway, we will agree to disagree. Thanks for your input.

Comment

You should learn to build your rigs, I have been building my rigs and writing my own BIOS for my video cards for over 20 years. I worked for Corsair and Asus USA for years, and have built computers that have won awards at Computex Taipei. So what awards has Cory Holtzman won lately?

Comment

Hi Chameleon​,
                        What do you think of the improvement in conversion speed in this update? Is the speed improvement noticeable?

Comment

You are doing a great job Ryan. I have been around a long time, and I have used a lot of programs like this ones that cost many more dollars. Your program is coming along nicely, if it wasn’t, I wouldn’t use it. But I do use it because I think in time it will be one of the best

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_3 View Post

Hi Chameleon​,
                            What do you think of the improvement in conversion speed in this update? Is the speed improvement noticeable?
                            Yes, even though I only get 10FPS, it's still just as fast as the more expensive programs that do exactly what Unifab does. Great job.

Comment

I just wanted to give you an update. I upgraded my GPU to a Geforce RTX 3060 and I'm now getting over 28FPS with Enlarger on the Enhancement Only setting. (see attached screenshot).
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by johnnydollar79; 12-19-2023, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X