Audio AI question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio AI question...

I would like to better understand the function of the Audio upmixer. Since it is incapable of upmixing 6 channel to 8 channel audio would it be feasible to down mix 6 channel EAC3/AC3 to 2 channel AAC first and then use Audio AI to upmix to 8 channel DTS and get the expected result and quality?

Originally posted by Tazzy1 View Post
    I would like to better understand the function of the Audio upmixer. Since it is incapable of upmixing 6 channel to 8 channel audio would it be feasible to down mix 6 channel EAC3/AC3 to 2 channel AAC first and then use Audio AI to upmix to 8 channel DTS and get the expected result and quality?
    This is a good idea, and we will give it a try.
    Additionally, we wanted to inform you that considering the needs of users like you who want to upmix 6 channels to 8 channels, we have decided to add this feature back in the upcoming versions. We will also continue to explore methods to enhance the functionality.

Comment

Thank you, I am looking forward. Also, on the same subject, I have one movie that is actually natively 7.1 DTS which I converted to 4k format, it identified the 7.1 DTS in source so I continued. The result was down-mixed to 5.1. I did it again and bypassed the audio processing and it retained the 7.1 DTS audio in the final product. Since the channels were recognized by the system natively and no upmixing one would expect it to retain the 8 channels and not down-mix. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X