What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

Can anyone tell me why there is a REMUX file and the regular file after downloading some titles? Why both?

I get the remux where it appears it's combining the temp file into the final file. But the remux file is deleted after.

Comment

The REMUX file is a temporary file like funreviews noticed, it's for processing meta and subtitle, once the download is finished, it will disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        The REMUX file is a temporary file like funreviews noticed, it's for processing meta and subtitle, once the download is finished, it will disappear.
        This wasn't happening before but lately after downloading two movies on Netflix, I am also getting two files saved, the movie copy and the Remux copy, the Remux is not clearing itself out after finalizing. Both the main movie and the Remux files are the same size being stored on my HDD in addition to two meta copies for each of the movies. Which one of the files do I keep to watch while deleting the extra copy to watch later on my HDD?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-04 122054.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	388643

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

This wasn't happening before but lately after downloading two movies on Netflix, I am also getting two files saved, the movie copy and the Remux copy, the Remux is not clearing itself out after finalizing. Both the main movie and the Remux files are the same size being stored on my HDD in addition to two meta copies for each of the movies. Which one of the files do I keep to watch while deleting the extra copy to watch later on my HDD?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-04 122054.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	388643

does the remux copy clear if you restart your computer ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

does the remux copy clear if you restart your computer ??
            Haven't had the need to restart my computer after downloading those movies, thought that was a good idea and thanks....so I did try restarting my computer and the extra Remux copies are still in the output folder after restarting it!

Comment

Hi,

For the problem, it's improved in the next version.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X