Chopped Up Close Captions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chopped Up Close Captions

When I download from Netflix my subtitles are broken and only show partial sentences when I play them back. I am using English.

Anyone else having this problem?

Wynonna Earp episode 5 is a prime example.
    Last edited by Just Me; 01-07-2021, 06:27 AM.

We will try to duplicate the subtitle issue.
    Please provide all the log files in the Downloader log folder too, thanks.

Comment

OK, here are my logs.

One other thing I have noticed is under settings - General - Default Video Download Quality For Subscriptions I change to Full HD - 1080p but the setting never stays after I exit the program. I have to change it every time I load DVDFab Downloader. Should I make this a seperate issue?

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Just did an experiment and it broke up when I downloaded it at regular speed and not in batch mode. I have watched while it downloads and the close caption seems to have all the words while it's playing, just not after download and remux.

Comment

Here are the logs from my test file. Since only 4 files are allowed, I sent the ones with changed dates.Apparently the CelMedia.log is too big (Iget an error trying to upload it), I edited it and sent the bottom part that seems to show a lot of mux audio errors.

I may have other files that are CC corrupted also. I really started paying attention yesterday to actual voice/words.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Just Me; 01-08-2021, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Just another follow-up. I have gone back to the separate SRT file for CC. It is a pain to have to load the file for CC. You are on the right track for embedding this. Always something to fix, huh?

I do really like this with the batch downloading, unlike that other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Me View Post
              OK, here are my logs.

One other thing I have noticed is under settings - General - Default Video Download Quality For Subscriptions I change to Full HD - 1080p but the setting never stays after I exit the program. I have to change it every time I load DVDFab Downloader. Should I make this a seperate issue?

Thanks
              I could duplicate it, I have passed it to the developer. Sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Me View Post
                When I download from Netflix my subtitles are broken and only show partial sentences when I play them back. I am using English.

Anyone else having this problem?

Wynonna Earp episode 5 is a prime example.
                What is the country? Also, please give us a link to the episode, thanks.

Comment

My bad. US.

I believe it was Season 2, Episode 5 when I discovered that they were breaking up. Also the one I did my experimenting with. Here is a link:

https://www.netflix.com/watch/801420...b%2Cunknown%2C

BTW, I used HandBrake to remux the subtitles into Episode 1 of Season 2 and it worked fine. Takes over 30 minutes to do. Easier to just use the srt file.

Do I need to make another post about the Video Quality Setting?
                  Last edited by Just Me; 01-10-2021, 01:18 AM.

Comment

US.

I believe it was Season 2, Episode 5 when I discovered that they were breaking up. Also the one I did my experimenting with. Here is a link:

https://www.netflix.com/watch/801420...b%2Cunknown%2C
                    Received, we will check, thanks.

Comment

I have tried this with 3.0.0.8 and the issue still exists.

Thanks

Comment

Just to correct the above, apparently it is working OK now.

Thanks for the fix. Got tired of all the rst files.

Comment

Working...
                        X