Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon movie is still downloading after 13.5 hours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon movie is still downloading after 13.5 hours!

Trial. The latest. 3.0.1.0. No problem connecting to Amazon. I picked an old movie. The last of the Mohicans. 7.7 GB. The software claimed my C drive did not have enough space, which is incorrect. It has 105 GB available space. So, I created a folder in D drive which has 69 GB free space. It started downloading at 11:03 am. Now, it is 12:42 am!!!! Almost 14 hours later, it is showing 8.2 GB out of 7.7 GB!! What gives? Still not done. Something is not right here. Also. I can not find the mp4 file anywhere. Checked the entire D drive ,even C drive. The blue arrow indicating the download process keeps moving. Could somebody explain what is going on? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot .jpg
Views:	417
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	389719

I Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 1..jpg
Views:	449
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	389721 had no choice, cancelled it. But, I got this message from DvdFab!

Comment

My logs:
      There are 6 text files. I believe these two are needed. (I have never sent logs before.)

Attached Files

Comment

Another attempt from Amazon failed few minutes ago! Updated software. 3.0.1.1. I changed the video quality to 720p under Settings. It started analyzing, stopped and did not even download one byte! Here are the logs: They will probably show both movies.
        Attached Files

Comment

Screenshot!
          Attached Files

Comment

I am afraid I am the only one following my own thread!! Few more things. The second attempt that failed was a movie named 'the night of the living dead (1968)'. I went ahead and tried again a different movie "Noise". Joy to my eyes, it worked! 91 minute long movie with small data, 1001MB. Downloaded, processed and saved mp4 file.

Comment

A successful second download.. Movie 'Dark River' from Amazon again. So, the software works when it wants to, but struggles with certain titles.

Comment

I tried to download from Amazon this morning. My last attempt ( using trial software).. after few minutes, it failed. Then, I picked another movie.. that failed, too! I noticed that the software sometimes try to download at very low speed. 125 kbps!.. I try again. The speed goes up to about 2 mbps. I live in the sticks, and get internet thru nearest cell tower. So, I don’t expect very high download speed. Speed tests show 25-30 mbps. Enough to stream and watch a movie from Amazon without hiccups. I don’t know if the software is too buggy, or something else is causing problems for me. Yesterday’s downloads were great and I was very hopeful.

Comment

My last post here. I tried one more time. It miraculously worked. Hit and miss. I've decided to wait til summer and follow the threads here. Then, I will decide to buy it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by skoy View Post
                    Another attempt from Amazon failed few minutes ago! Updated software. 3.0.1.1. I changed the video quality to 720p under Settings. It started analyzing, stopped and did not even download one byte! Here are the logs: They will probably show both movies.
                    We will give the movie named 'the night of the living dead (1968)' a try first. Also I have passed your log file to the developer for checking.

Comment

Thanks Mona. That particular movie was not a problem at all with another software. My point is the failed attempt was not caused by Amazon. If I have my choice, I'd rather use your software. The other one lets you download at 720p only.

Comment

The 'the night of the living dead (1968)' can be downloaded in our test, please give 3012 version a try, thanks.

Comment

ok. thanks Mona.

I know it's kinda late. I am in the US.
                          Last edited by skoy; 02-03-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X