Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab DRM Downloader not respecting directory setting

Hello,

I didn't see this topic addressed when I searched, so if I missed it and there's a fix, I'd appreciate it if someone could link me to that post.

I'm running DVDFab DRM Downloader v3.0.2.1, and it is not respecting the setting for the video directory, but instead putting everything in Documents\DVDFab Downloader. This is an issue for me because my Documents folder is in OneDrive, so it creates a bunch of unnecessary network file transfers. I have it set to N:\Video\DVDFab Downloader, but the program seems to ignore that.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by FuriousBrad; 03-12-2021, 06:55 PM.

Did you try restarting the application after changing the setting? I turned off the open folder after recording option, and it didn't take effect until I restarted the program. I can test to see if my directory change works once my current batch finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnathon View Post
      Did you try restarting the application after changing the setting? I turned off the open folder after recording option, and it didn't take effect until I restarted the program. I can test to see if my directory change works once my current batch finishes.
      I did, yes, and after restarting I went in to make sure that the setting remained in place.

What's happening is that the output folder is OK, but all the work files and temp files in Documents.

Comment

To confirm, did you change the temp directory?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	temp directory.png
Views:	339
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	392799

Comment

So sorry, I just noticed this reply.

I did change the temp directory and confirmed that it's appropriately reflected in the settings dialog. I've restarted the computer several times since my last post, and files are still being placed in my Documents folder. Specifically, it looks like it's files in the Log and cache subdirectories that are still going there. Some files, including, it seems, some cache files, are going to the directory I specified in settings, so it's weird all around.

Comment

i have noticed this as well...i have a large 8TB external hard drive that i would like to have both the Temp files as well as the final output files stored on so i can keep my relatively small SSD in my laptop empty, as well as reduce the number of writes that are occurring, but even though i have changed both the output & temp directories to point to the external drive, it's still saving to the SSD. and i have restarted the program multiple times, and have even tried completely clearing my download batch and re-entering them again, but it still doesn't work

Comment

Yeah, the temporary directory changes aren't being respected. Certain parts of the program are hard coded to use My Documents. They HAVE to be, otherwise the temporary directory changes would be respected

Comment

Working...
              X