Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower resolution in videos

Hello,

What or who determines how the videos will be downloaded, the stream service or DVDFab Downloader?. I downloaded for example Zack Snyder's Justice League and it is 1920x1080 of resolution while Godzilla vs Kong is 1920x816

GZ vs Kong
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference : 4 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 1 h 53 min
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 8 250 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 12.4 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 816 pixels

Justice League

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference : 4 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 4 h 2 min
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 8 223 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 12.4 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels

Attached Files

Checked with other devices to see how the resolution was streamed and the result were the same so is HBO fault's that they are not streaming Godzilla vs Kong in full 1080, beware. Hope this help other with same dilemma.

Comment

I'm not super technical when it comes to resolutions so I might be missing something but I know Godzilla vs Kong is not a perfect 16:9 so the 816 might just be the real vertical resolution. The Zack Snyder cut of Justice League is an ugly 4:3 box so I'm not sure why that one would show as 1920x1080 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by wemickna View Post
        I'm not super technical when it comes to resolutions so I might be missing something but I know Godzilla vs Kong is not a perfect 16:9 so the 816 might just be the real vertical resolution. The Zack Snyder cut of Justice League is an ugly 4:3 box so I'm not sure why that one would show as 1920x1080 at all.
        I'm not an expert on this stuff but I believe it's because of the Black Bars that they put in there. In the case of Justice League the bars are added on the sides "creating" a 1920 wide frame.

Comment

I just have a question on the series The Boys. The video frame height on S1 is 1080, yet on S2 it's 800? Is it Amazon or the DRM program? [ATTACH]n393374[/ATTACH]

Comment

I got curious when I read this, & you are correct about the frame height difference when looking at the specs for a file. Both seasons use a black bar on the top & bottom. Season 1 includes it in the specs & season 2 doesn't. When I open a file from each season they were identical. I compared them side by side & the heighth of used space(not including the black bars) was the same. I believe it just a matter of how the data is written to the metafile. 6 of one & a half dozen of the other.

Comment

A large number of films are actually filmed in the 4x3 aspect ratio and the cropped into a wide-screen format. The Justice League was originally done this way as it was meant for IMAX (and I mean true IMAX, not your local cinema's small, wide-screen Imax...I mean floor to ceiling 60-foot screen IMAX).

Aspect ratio and HD are not equivalents.

Comment

1920 x 816 is "1080p", except instead of 16 x 9 (1920 x 1080) its in 2.35:1 (another common widescreen format) so you get 1920 x 816. You should see some space above and below the picture but it fill the full horizontal span across your tv. This is because your tv is 16x9.

Long way to say, 1920 x 816 is the maximum (1080p) resolution for a 2.35:1 video. Many movies are filmed in this format.

Comment

Hi,

The resolution of the download video is decided by the streaming service, Not add or remove the black bar for the video.

DVDFab Downloader is the video porter for movie fans.

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X