Burned-in Subtitles missing from Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burned-in Subtitles missing from Netflix

Hi, a problem which was fixed in a previous version is back in the latest version. I downloaded two videos from Netflix where the burned-in subtitles are missing. Attached is the log. Please check into this. Thank you.
    Attached Files

From the log file, you have set it to "Extract to SRT file", while playback, did you enable subtitle and pick the srt file?
    If you want the subtitle embedded in the video, please choose Remux.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	subtitle.png
Views:	537
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	395005

Comment

Hi Mona, Sorry I made a mistake. The title of this thread should have been "Forced Subtitles missing from Netflix"

The videos I downloaded yesterday are mostly in English, but there are some scenes where someone is speaking spanish or german. The english "forced" subtitles should appear in these instances but are not. I know this "forced" subtitle problem was fixed in a prior version and was working perfectly until v3.2.0.3. Please check into this. Thank you.
      Last edited by captnvideo; 05-14-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Please give us a time mark that the first English "forced" subtitles should appear. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona, I re-downloaded from Netflix: Imposters Season 2 Episode 3. There is a brief forced subtitle not appearing at around 6:35 and a more lengthy forced subtitle beginning at around 7:58 which is also not appearing. I have attached the log. Thank you for checking this out.
          Attached Files

Comment

Update: In Imposters Seaons 2 Episode 3 from Netflix, there is a subtitle choice "English [ForcedNarrative]. I now need to select this in order to get the forced subtitles. I did not have to do that in the previous version v.3.2.0.2. Also there are some other videos (the movie "Unknown" for example) where there should be some forced subtitles somewhere in the middle of the movie but "English [ForcedNarrative]" is not listed as a subtitle choice. Now I know this forced subtitle problem was fixed in 3.2.0.2 (you listed in among the fixes) but seems to have returned in 3.2.0.3. Hope this info helps.

Comment

Mona, why didn't you respond to this post and tell me that there was a change in 3.2.0.3 as regards to Netflix. An SRT file with EnglishForcedNarrative has to be something new. In the prior version, I got forced subtitles without having to have a 2nd SRT file created. Thank you.

Comment

Do you mean "Fix: A failure problem when downloading subtitles from Netflix." ?

We duplicated the issue that " "English [ForcedNarrative]" is not listed as a subtitle choice" with version 3.2.0.4, developer will check.

Comment

Hi Mona,

"English [ForcedNarrative]" is certainly listed as a Netflix choice in version 3.2.0.4 if it is available. For Example: Undercover Season One Episode 1.

Please see attached screenshots.

Thank you.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by captnvideo; 05-21-2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:
                    According to the developer, this Netflix: Imposters Season 2 Episode 3, doesn't have English[ForcedNarrative] available, so it's not listed there as an option. If you do have this option shown on your end, please take screenshot and show us, thank you.

Comment

Hi Mona, here is the screenshot for Imposters Seaons 2 Episode 3 showing English[ForcedNarrative] is available. Thank You.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Today I checked from Netflix Imposters Season 2 Episode 3 and the English[ForcedNarrative] is not there. What has happened? It was there two days ago.

Comment

Checked Netflix Imposters Season 2 Episode 3 this morning and the English [ForcedNarrative] was back. Cannot figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                          X