No announcement yet.

BUG YouTube downloader Activated, but still says "Free version" on first use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG YouTube downloader Activated, but still says "Free version" on first use

I purchased Downloader way way back. After upgrading to v4.0.0.2, I was prompted to authorize again when I first launched it. So I entered my email and password, and was told it authroized successfully.

The first time I tried to download a Youtube video it told me I have the free version, and gave me the "buy" screen. Netflix and Disney+ seemed to work ok.

When I check license info, YouTube Downloader is listed as authorized

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-06-24_10-32-57.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	396736

After exiting StreamFab, and restarting it, I was able to download from Youtube without notifying me its the free version.

First, why am I being prompted with the "authorization" screen every time I do an upgrade (has happened with the past several versions)? Once authorized, shouldn't it stay authorized?

Second, I don't recall having to exit/restart in the past. If an exit/restart is now needed after authorizing, can I suggest you add a notification that its necessary, along with a button to "restart now"?

Attached Files

Normally it should not need to authorize again after update, and should not need to exit/restart, please send us the log folder, we will check, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Normally it should not need to authorize again after update
      This is not correct. Every update for the past few months has prompted for reauthorization. Every single one.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

This is not correct. Every update for the past few months has prompted for reauthorization. Every single one.
        Sorry for that. The developer will fix the reauthorization issue in the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

I have to second this, I just never brought it up. I usually do it once every upgrade but it would be nice to not have re-authorize every upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X