Peacock speed deathly slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peacock speed deathly slow

Peacock started downloading from all my computers at a very slow speed. Roughly jumping around from 30-250kbps. It takes roughly 6+ hours to download a single 20-minute episode. This is not including the processing speed, this is just the download. When I switch over to a different downloader like hulu or amazon, it works just fine. If I go to the website through firefox browser it works fine. Is peacock or anystream capping the speed?

I have seen this too. I don't download much from Peacock, so I never reported it. However, I see slower than expected downloads on all of the sites I am interested in. The worst is Peacock as you say. For me, the second worst is Amazon. Both of these always takes me more time to download them that to watch them. Netflix is fairly good and fairly consistent as I normally get downloads quicker than the show/movie runtime itself but there are occasions when downloading several at a time that one might take much longer. HBO Max is the fastest for as I can sometimes download an hour show in 3 minutes. Sometimes that lasts for several shows and then slow down again. For only HBO Max, I have found if I am around when it is downloading and the slowdown starts. I can cancel the download and start it again. Sometimes that works right away and sometimes it takes a few tries but it eventually starts downloading again fast. I wish that worked on the other streaming platforms I mentioned but it doesn't. Not sure where the issue lies if it is StreamFab or the streaming services. My guess it could be both. I purchased this thinking that I would download fast at all services, at least quicker than watching it, however, that isn't the case for most it seems.

Comment

While my Peacock downloads are slow, they are not nearly slow as that. I downloaded 6 episodes of "Warehouse 13", 45 minutes/episode, yesterday (16-Oct) in much less time yours took for 1 episode. Mine may have taken 2 hours.

[QUOTE]Is peacock or anystream capping the speed?[/QUOTE

FYI, this is StreamFab, not Anystream. Anystream doesn't have Peacock.

Comment

Now it's downloading at 27.9kb/s... I'm back to dial-up telephone speed 30 years ago... lovely.

I have a 2gb fiber symmetrical connection and this d/l from peacock is unbearable.

Comment

peacock is doing a 42 minute show in under 9 minutes for me (including all the processing etc).. that seems good to me. I have Peacock Premium, not Premium Plus, so I still get commercials that get removed. I would think that the premium plus subscription would download a little faster because there are no commercials to wade through.
          Last edited by GomezAddams; 10-17-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Peacock is working OK for me, Little slow, but nothing to complain about

Comment

Hi,

It's the problem of Peacock, StreamFab does not limit the download speed.

I can get 500 KB/s ~ 900 KB/s when downloading the audio stream files, but 10 MB/s~ when downloading the video stream files. Test on the remote server at 100 MB network.

May you need to check your network connection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20211018-092047.png
Views:	649
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	401272
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Wilson. I have been testing on fiber 2gb connections (which are 20x faster than your 100mb tests) and still getting terrible results. It doesn't matter which computer I use. I have an i7, i5, and an i3 with plenty of ram. All 3 machines act the same... TERRIBLY slow. I've tried different network routes and with VIP and still the same slow results.

Comment

Working...
                X