Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will uninstalling StreamFab possibly solve some of my issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will uninstalling StreamFab possibly solve some of my issues?

I see in some posts that uninstalling and then reinstalling solved some issues they were having.
    My question is what is the best way to do that?
    I'm guessing that I would have to do the following:
    • Do I first have to deauthorize my computer
    • Uninstall StreamFab via the "Apps & features" section in Windows 10
    • Download the version I want to re-install via the Extended Download Service in the Member page of the website
    • Then authorize my computer again
    Does that sound right or is there a simpler process to achieve the same thing?

Thanks,
    Chuck

If you are re-installing on the same PC you don’t need to de-authorize/authorize.

but yes, go under Settings/Programs and Features, uninstall, and install the version you want.

And I do recommend that if you are having unique issues, or if after an update StreamFab or one of its download modules crashes, you try using the offline installer as a potential fix.

Comment

Will it? Possibly, but without knowing the issues, we cannot say for sure
      It is always best to deauthorize, for all software when uninstalling, even if you're going to put it right back in. Just good to get in the habbit of doing that

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        try using the offline installer as a potential fix.
        Thanks for the reply. Is the "offline installer" the ones located at the Extended Download Service in the Member page?

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
          Will it? Possibly, but without knowing the issues, we cannot say for sure
          It is always best to deauthorize, for all software when uninstalling, even if you're going to put it right back in. Just good to get in the habbit of doing that
          Thanks for the suggestion to deauthorize first. I thought it might be the best way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by crarbo1 View Post
            Thanks for the reply. Is the "offline installer" the ones located at the Extended Download Service in the Member page?
            Yes. If you are wanting to install an older version. Otherwise you can use the latest from the post announcing it, or the DVDFab download page (small print has link to offline installer).

I didn't pay for extended download, so I just down load the off line installers when every new version is posted, and keep them in a spare folder.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
              Yes. If you are wanting to install an older version. Otherwise you can use the latest from the post announcing it, or the DVDFab download page (small print has link to offline installer).

I didn't pay for extended download, so I just down load the off line installers when every new version is posted, and keep them in a spare folder.
              Thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Working...
              X