Need advice..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice..

Can someone please give me advice on which software is best to upscale video's downloaded with StreamFab. I want to upscale Disney+ 720p videos to 1080p or 4k. Not sure if I should purchase DvdFab Enlarge AI or DvdFab Video Enhancer. Thanks

Why do you need to?

I mean, I purchased DVDFab AI Enlarger a while back. I rarely use it. I find playback on my Sony TVs look just as good as videos/movies I run through DVDFab AI enlarger, and I don't have to take the time, and the file sizes are smaller.

720p I download from Disney+ and play via Plex on my Roku Ultra, doesn't look noticably different than the 1080p streaming play back from the app on my Roku stick.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      Why do you need to?

I mean, I purchased DVDFab AI Enlarger a while back. I rarely use it. I find playback on my Sony TVs look just as good as videos/movies I run through DVDFab AI enlarger, and I don't have to take the time, and the file sizes are smaller.

720p I download from Disney+ and play via Plex on my Roku Ultra, doesn't look noticably different than the 1080p streaming play back from the app on my Roku stick.
      I also use Plex . I do notice the difference on my 75 inch tv and would like image a bit sharper and cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by dna9418 View Post

I also use Plex . I do notice the difference on my 75 inch tv and would like image a bit sharper and cleaner.
        Interesting. Ours is a 65" Sony XBR65X900F, so either my eyes are bad (that I don't notice a difference), or this TV does a great job upscaling to this TV's 4K panel. Or its somewhere in the middle.

Just for grins, I ran DVDFab AI enlarger to upscale a 720p S01E01 of the Madalorian episode from Disney+ to 1080p. Its been running for 2hrs, and estimates 2hrs 28 min to go. This is on my i9-10900K, 32gig Ram, EVGA RTX3060 12gig graphics, and WD Black 4TB spinner.

when its done, I'll have to report back the output file size, and I'll have to run it to upscale the 720p to 4K and see how that impacts the time.

Comment

I use plex as well and I don't really notice the the fact that some things are 720 instead of 1080 or 4k. Of course I don't own a 4k TV yet so there is that.

But in my opinion it's better to let the TV decide how to handle it than trying to upscale the video in a pc

Comment

Working...
          X