StreamFab v5.0.0.2 - - only downloading 720p at Disney+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v5.0.0.2 - - only downloading 720p at Disney+

The current version of StreamFab seems to only be downloading video in 720p, when full 1080p is avaliable.

Attached Files
    Last edited by JLB2; 11-12-2021, 10:13 PM.

see post #1 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated disney is only 720p

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Ah, I see.

My wife and I are new to Disney+ (took advantage of their 1.99USD trial offer this weekend).

I could have sworn I saw that some video was 1080p. Must have been mistaken.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Okay, so now I am confused.

Some friends of ours have the "Olaf Presents" series that debuted yesterday on Disney+. (The very video we were trying to download yesterday when I made this post).

All of their video of the "Olaf Presents" were in 1080p, EAC 5.1. This wasn't upscaled video--this was straight from Disney+.

So...is Disney+ only in 720p or, as my original assertion was, also available in 1080p???

Can someone please help with this?

Comment

Originally posted by JLB2 View Post
          Okay, so now I am confused.

Some friends of ours have the "Olaf Presents" series that debuted yesterday on Disney+. (The very video we were trying to download yesterday when I made this post).

All of their video of the "Olaf Presents" were in 1080p, EAC 5.1. This wasn't upscaled video--this was straight from Disney+.

So...is Disney+ only in 720p or, as my original assertion was, also available in 1080p???

Can someone please help with this?
          were your friends watching the show on their tv or computer ?? i believe 720p is the max resolution from disney in browsers
          see posts #3 & #4 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lus-downloader

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

were your friends watching the show on their tv or computer ?? i believe 720p is the max resolution from disney in browsers
            see posts #3 & #4 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...lus-downloader

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I saw that thread earlier; and it was one of 2 posts that has me confused.

We were watching it on their tv via their HTPC . The video was downloaded and watched, not streamed.

I may have assumed (uh-oh) they downloaded the video via Streamfab. They're out of touch until later tonight. I'll ask them about the origins of the videos as soon as I can.

Comment

We were watching it on their tv via their HTPC . The video was downloaded and watched, not streamed.

I may have assumed (uh-oh) they downloaded the video via Streamfab. They're out of touch until later tonight. I'll ask them about the origins of the videos as soon as I can.
              Downloaded and watch? Did they get it from a torrent?

There are pirate groups that can download 1080p and even 4k from Disney+ even though StreamFab, and it's competitors, can't. Those methods have been closely guarded secrets.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                Did they get it from a torrent?
                Hmmm . . . hadn't thought of that; but it's highly unlikely.

He's a prosecutor and she's a private practice lawyer . . . I doubt they would knowingly engage in that sort of thing . . .

Comment

He's a prosecutor and she's a private practice lawyer . . . I doubt they would knowingly engage in that sort of thing . . .
                  Lmao… as if using StreamFab would be okay. They obviously either were streaming through Disney+ or pirated it from some other site

Comment

Then the only other option to "download and watch" would be if their HTPC has the Windows 10 Disney+ app from the Microsoft Store. My understanding is that will support up to 4K and HDR. But they would need to watch via the Disney+ app. (Couldn't move the videos to Plex or such)

It doesn't use a PC browser type set up, so it's. It limited like a PC Browser, or "browser like" app such as StreamFab.
                    Last edited by KidJoe; 11-13-2021, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Downloaded and watch? Did they get it from a torrent?

There are pirate groups that can download 1080p and even 4k from Disney+ even though StreamFab, and it's competitors, can't. Those methods have been closely guarded secrets.

​​​​​​
                      They are not secrets, you need to use the CLI interface and a simple batch download program, it's no secret. Please don't ask, I don't use it.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

They are not secrets, you need to use the CLI interface and a simple batch download program, it's no secret. Please don't ask, I don't use it.
                        The scripts and tools I've seen only do L3/720p for Disney+ and don't do L1/1080p/4K for Disney+

Comment

Downloading 1080p or even 2160p you can do from the browser, the problem is you need a lvl 1 CDM to get the keys and that is not likely anyone who has one whats to share it.

Comment

The scripts and tools I've seen only do L3/720p for Disney+ and don't do L1/1080p/4K for Disney+
                            They have a new version that do L1/1080p/4K for Disney+ and every other provider, 4K also. But this is not nice talking about this on Fab forum, I use Fab, its the best.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              .... I use Fab, its the best.
                              Oh I do too. I don't plan on changing anytime soon. I admit I tried another product during the Amazon SD issue earlier this year, and never purchased it. It didn't hold a candle to StreamFab.

Comment

Working...
                              X