HBOMax failing downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOMax failing downloads

I just subscribed to HBO max to try out the downloader. At first I wasn't able to login. The popup asking for my information would show and I entered my credentials, but wouldn't proceed. I don't know if it's because hbo wouldn't work with the internal browser but after numerous attempts, I was finally able to get in by continuously clicking on it. I was able to queue up about 50 items. I was able to get one movie to start downloading but I stopped it half way through for a moment and the queue would not start back up. Every time I would start the downloading of the queue, it would just either sit stuck on analyzing, or it would start to download something, but the download meter would go up to 500% completed and run off the screen. It was acting weird but I was never able to fully download anything. I rebooted and still no luck. I've attached the logs zipped. Thanks. log.zip

Yes. this started happing today. I download either 3 movies or 8 episodes each day from HBOmax and they started sticking at 100% with the segment counter going way above the actual segment count forever. as well as the percent rising well above 100 as well.

Also today I've been getting a message on Paramount+ that it can't play the vid but the download still works.

I got a message on fNetflix yesterday while choosing a video that the browser (The Streamfab one) is no longer supported but again the download worked and I haven't seen that message since.

The HBOmax issue seems to be the problem though.

Comment

Just to add to this post, I just uninstalled and re-installed with the offline installer and still the same problem. I've attached a screenshot of it showing a movie is at 3200% and growing. Not sure what the issue is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	815
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	403305
      Attached Files

Comment

The 4.10.2209.0 Widevine CDM is outdated and dead which is the one that StreamFab uses resulting in failure.

Comment

Well, with the 5.0.0.8 version of Streamfab, the never ending segment counter seems to be fixed. But the vidoes are still showing DRM encoded - at least for me on HBOMAX.

Comment

HBOmax still not working. It's downloaded a couple of movies with the newer 5.0.0.8 version, but the video won't start, and when I manually advance it, the screen is mostly blurry with a few blocks at the top of the screen. I believe it's not removing the DRM in this new update. Anytime I've downloaded a protected DRM video, it does exactly what these videos are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
              HBOmax still not working. It's downloaded a couple of movies with the newer 5.0.0.8 version, but the video won't start, and when I manually advance it, the screen is mostly blurry with a few blocks at the top of the screen. I believe it's not removing the DRM in this new update. Anytime I've downloaded a protected DRM video, it does exactly what these videos are doing.

Getting the same thing....HBO Max is still not working with 5.0.0.8, it is at least downloading now but getting blocks of scrambled picture cubes at the top portion of the screen, the rest of the viewing picture screen is blacked out. Logs attached for 5.0.0.8.
              StreamFab.log.txt

Comment

Just to add that I'm still experiencing issues as well. Disny, Tubi, Amazon, Paramount, and Netflix worked without any downloading issues. Hulu caused the app to hang on first try but worked on the second try. I did notice a drop in image quality, especially for Netflix. Enough of a drop that I won't be downloading until the next release.

HBOmax is still broken. The video now downloads but the image is not viewable except for a small colored bar at the top of screen..

I am downloading old shows on all the services I use to finally see the stuff I haven't seen. I have not tried with new movies or shows so I'm not sure if the expectation that newer ones have issue is true or not.

Comment

Unfortunately 5.0.0.8 didn't fix it. They did update the CDM to the new one but it isn't removing the DRM protection from the video so that's what you see. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Comment

Since they went to 5.x this has been a problem I've sent tons of error reports and nothing has been done. I keep going back to version 4.0.2.3 as it at least works most of the time, at least until 5.0.0.8 came out now I seem to have issues going back and functioning.

Other issues have come about as well. I hit the limit on Amazon Prime and it say you can download from another site still. Well that's not really true as if you leave the files from Prime in your DL list, no matter if you have them paused, Stream wants to start DL'n them so you can't get to Max or whatever without removing your previous list, which who wants to do that just to try and rember what you missed and find next time around. Having the separate window like in 4x version didn't suffer this issue your lists were Independant of each other.

Also when deleting a list Stream gets stuck removing the list I have to kill it in Task Manager and then deleted again when I bring the program up.

Although it's nice to have everything in one browser how about regression testing so that the release is stable before releasing the next version, this use to be Beta/Released scenario way to handle things. It's very disturbing to be functional and upgrade to not functional. Food for thought.....

Comment

Tried downloading a movie from HBOMax with 5.0.0.8. Where 5.0.0.7 had immediately failed the download, 5.0.0.8 appears to complete an orderly download and then goes through the remuxing stage. It reports success, but when the video is played in VLC, it has no sound and the picture is a nice psychedelic mix of colors. Same result with H264 and H265. The MP4 file is correctly formatted, with expected frame rate and frame dimensions, but the video must be encrypted.

On the plus side, a current season show recently added to Paramount Plus that would not download under 5.0.0.7, downloaded successfully under 5.0.0.8.

Comment

Same issue with 5.0.0.8 and HBO Max.

Log attached for Joker. Download seems to be okay but unplayable...
                        Attached Files

Comment

latest logs
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, the developer will check, please wait for some time, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X