Streamfab is creating files that I can't move or delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab is creating files that I can't move or delete

I don't know if this possibly started on a previous version, but I've downloaded 2 separate videos from Funiamtion and HBO max and the resulting MKV file couldn't be moved or deleted. I can however copy it. This is really bizarre. I downloaded It Chapter 2 from HBO and How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 10 from Funimation. I don't think the target content being downloaded has anything to do with it however. I'd attach the log but its to large and I'm afraid to delete it and try more downloads so I guess I'll submit it through the feedback option in Streamfab. Anyone else encounter files that can't be moved or deleted?

So I realized I could delete the parent folder even though I couldn't delete the file itself. I went ahead and deleted the logs and tried another download from HBO Max and this time I could delete/move the file. Not sure what changed. I did restart my computer when I couldn't delete the files before and it still didn't fix the problem so I do think something happened in StreamFab and not with Windows itself, but StreamFab seems to have fixed itself now. I'd upload the new log file but the issue didn't happen this time so not sure it would help with anything. Just a weird one off I guess.

Comment

I had this happen as well. I think it was the MKV format had some kind of permission or "lock". But, I had several downloads in the queue and one of them was stuck downloading more segments than it had (like downloading 2,147,182 out of 1,889) - not sure what caused that either! Same experience as OP, using Windows Explorer I could not Move or Delete the file (when Moving - it was stuck on "Calculating..."), but I could Copy the file.

To resolve it, I had to resort to "old school" methods. Opened a Command Prompt as a System Administrator and deleted using the "del" command. This was after I copied them to my Plex folder

Comment

So oddly, I downloaded movies from AppleTV+ to a local hard drive. I can copy them, but I cannot delete them. A little extra detail ... I had been using StreamFab to extract subtitles to a external file. The subtitles files I can delete. The MKV files I cannot. No error message, any form of delete action just hangs. Tried to use and elevated command prompt and the del command just hands until a ctrl-break is pressed to break out of the hung del command.

Nothing visible with file attributes the the user id has all rights necessary to delete the file.

Still researching but not very happy about this.

Comment

This is still happening. What is locking these files? Even Windows does not report anything like the file is open in another program, etc. It just refuses to delete.

Comment

I had the same issue. You have to log out of Windows and back in and then you can delete them. I upgraded to version 5.0.1.5 and the issue is resolved for me. When this first started I thought I had a bad drive beginning to develop because it didn't do it on all downloaded video files.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
            X